Today was a great day! Spencer didn't have preschool so we went to the Arctic Oasis. I ran on the treadmill and I kicked ass!! I ran 4 miles. I have never ran more than 3 miles before. Wait I take that back I ran 3.5 miles last week, but that was my first time ever doing more than a 5k. Anyway, I was running slow since I've been fighting a cold. And by the time I had 3.5 miles done I felt good really I felt like I hadn't ran that far. So I decided to go for the extra bit. And it went great.
I give most of the credit to my new fab shoes! I love them!!!!! They are like putting a cloud on your feet. I have sort of wide feet, but not wide enough to buy size wide shoes. A lot of reviews complain that they are too wide, but they are perfect for me. When I get new shoes I usually have to tie them loose, but these I was able to cinch up. I really was focusing on my form. And in these shoes I had no problem landing on my mid-foot. I tried to land on my heel and see the difference in how I naturally run and heel strike. I also was focused on my stride, where my foot lands and getting my heels up. Let me tell you running with "correct" form is H-A-R-D! It is supposed to make you more efficient of a runner, but when you are trying to change how you run, it is hard. I assume it gets easier. I am not going to worry about speed for now and just focus on form and see how that goes for me.
 |
| The new kicks and the old trusty Asics pouting in the corner |
Kayleigh also had open house at her school. I got to meet her new teacher. She is really nice. She dragged me around the entire school and showed me her different classes; music, art and library. She also showed me the gym where we played basketball. I took a couple of pictures. Kayleigh actually made a couple of baskets! I was proud of her. The gym teachers put hula hoops around the hoops to make smaller hoops for the little ones. Spencer LOVED that! He made a few of those baskets!
 |
| She didn't make this one, but I liked it anyway |
|
 |
| Spencer trying to make it in the hula hoop |
Nate told me that he shot 9mil yesterday and made marksman. He is so good at shooting. It sort of makes me jealous. Whenever I had to qualify I was always nervous that I wouldn't. But he just goes in and gets in the middle of the target every time! And acts like it's the easiest thing in the world. I guess we all have to be naturals at something. I'm good at nerdy things like math and he's a friggin sniper! I guess the guys who run the range said that he was the best they've ever seen! I am super proud of him and everything he had done this year. He is such a good man. I am proud to call him my husband.
Thanks Babe! It makes me happy to hear you talk about me so well. It's almost like you like me or love me. Huh, who'd a thunk? Anyways, I'm super proud of you for running 4 friggin miles. I was gonna take the night off and rest, but looks like I gotta stay at it if I want to pull out ahead. So tonight I'm gonna be running another 5k. I think next week I'm gonna start pushing it a little farther and see how it feels.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like Kayleigh was super excited about the open house. And that progression shot you took of her was pretty cool. I didn't even see the other basketballs... the same basketball in different places in the air until I looked close. But it sounds like you three had a lot of fun together. I know you need that from time to time, so I'm glad you got it.
So I've been thinking about what you said about your new shoes. I might see if they have a pair here and try them on and see how the feel. You know, do a few laps around the BX. Of course that is if they even have them.
Well, in other news. One of my Airman, namely the one who is married to a juicie and has had his assignment canceled, is about to get an article 15. I don't want to go into details on here so let's leave it at he lied to me as well, so I'm not in the mood to care what happens to him. That's right now of course because I'm still pissed that he lied to me all this time. Anyways, I'll explain more later.
Well, that is all I have. Good job again kicking my ass at the running game. I'll talk with you tomorrow. Give the kids a hug and kiss for me. Tell them I love them. I Love You So Much, AND I'm proud to call you my wife!