Sunday, September 18, 2011

224/365

I made the best damn cookies ever tonight!  They are Oatmeal pumpkin spice cookies.  I left out the pecans, mostly because I didn't have any and I really don't like pecans much anyway.  The original recipe didn't have enough pumpkin for me so I added more.  And it does need a little more cinnamon.  But I will be making these for Nate soon and his will have pecans.  I think he would really like that.

I really haven't been baking much.  I have ZERO self control and will eat every cookie, cake, cupcake, muffin etc in the house without a second thought.  But I had a shitty birthday complete with no cake.  So I decided I could have a treat today.  I still have no self control, but it's ok.  I just have to not get back into the habit of buying a lot of sweets and baking a lot.

Today we didn't do much.  I washed the car and went to the commissary, but that's about it.  It was a nice quiet day.  Much better than yesterday.  I even got to sleep in.  The only thing that was missing was breakfast in bed and Nate to cuddle with :)

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet babe. What would I do without you. You always send me little motivational things in the mail. You would not believe how much that means to me. It has always been the little things like that with us that keep each other going and keep each other strong. It hasn't changed since we have known each other. It's one of the few things we have in common. Which brings up a good point. Most people say you have to have something in common for the relationship to work. So why is it that we can have little in common and still what we have is so beautiful and strong? I was asked today how long I had been married. Yeah, I answered that one with no hesitation. You should be proud of me for that! Everyone was really surprised. They asked what we do to make it work so well. The first answer I gave is trust. Without it, you FAIL! Next was we never quit or give up on each other. Quitting is not an option of ours. Neither of us want to or will quit and we have never given up on each other no matter how hard the time is we are going through. Next I said we communicate. Yes it's true that sometimes getting me to talk is like pulling a pissed off sharks tooth, but eventually I talk. Usually, it's after I have had time to mole things over in my head. All this got me thinking that I have been really down lately. I have let work bring me down and the stupidity of the people I work with and for and around. I realize it's not fair for you that I'm bringing work home and letting those assholes effect my mood. This morning I went to work pissed off as all hell. Mainly because I was tired and pissed the entire weekend because I had to be there due to someone's poor planning. When I left work I was pissed because of the same things. Before I ran tonight I remembered that when I was pissed about something I would workout and it would make me feel better because I left all that anger at the gym. Well, tonight I put all that anger and frustration into my run. After just a mile I felt drained. I wanted to turn around, but I decided to go to the normal turn around spot to turn around. When I got there, I was less pissed and less drained so I kept going. I told myself I would turn around in a bit. Well, I picked out a point and said I would turn around there. I ended up running past that point without realizing it because I had zoned out. So I was like fuck it I feel great still so I'll keep going until I reach another point. It was at this point when I realized where I was on the base. I was nearly 3/4 of the way around. It was at this point where I started giggling at myself like a school girl because I realized what I was doing. I ran around the entire flight line. That was my goal for before November and I did it tonight. So I may just have to make it a weekly goal of mine... then add to it. My next goal is 10 miles before November. Trust me, in NO WAY was this about being competitive or beating you. I was beating myself up and just ended up doing this, but the sense of accomplishment was one I hadn't felt the entire time I have been here. I haven't felt so accomplished that I giggle for a long time. Trust me I'm not running that again this week... well maybe I might just to show you up now ;)

    Well that is all I have. I'm sorry for being so distant and down. I have pulled my head out of my ass and stopped feeling sorry for myself. Now get out there and KICK MY ASS!!!!

    I will talk with you tomorrow. Give the kids a loving hug and kiss for me. I Love You Very Much!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete