I ran from the gym, along Fighter Drive and turned and went to the end of the runway. I really would like to be able to run around the whole flightline someday. But it's probably 10+ miles around if you stay on paths and road. So I think I will make that my goal when I start training for a half marathon.
| Running down the hill past the runway. What a beautiful day! |
The F-22's are back in the air. While I was at the EOR they were landing. It was really cool. They were directly over my head landing. Today gave me a bit of perspective. I've been in a F the Air Force mood. Well really a F everything mood lately. But running under those jets reminded me why we are here. Why we are separated and that others have given more then we ever will. We are here because there are people out there that want to harm us and we need to protect ourselves. Without my husband making sure that those bombs and bullets get to where they need to go, there is no "Air Power" and thus no protection for our country. Yes there are ground troops, but who do they call when they need back up or and in a sticky situation? Someone who can get bombs on target and without my husband and his co-workers there would be no bombs. I'm proud of what we do. And while it sucks, it means something. Not many can say that.
After that is was a typical day. I ran some errands, got Spencer from school, walked the dog while Spencer rode his bike, made lunch, Skyped with Nate, did some work around the house, snoozed on the couch for 30, got Kayleigh from the bus, fought with her about homework, made dinner, went to Girl Scouts and finally got them ready for bed.
THE END
Good job running although you were unmotivated. I'm really proud of you for doing that. And you had a "damn good time doing it as well." It made me happy to know that you had a good time running.
ReplyDeleteThe picture you took is absolutely beautiful. It definitely captured the weather (cool and crisp). But the way the light hit the camera was just amazing. I haven't seen too many pictures like that.
Sorry that Kayleigh was fighting you about homework. You know she is just as strong willed and stubborn as we are. I'm guessing since that there were no bad comments about Girl Scouts, that everything went well there.
Well, my day was good. I had a dog and pony show today. Basicly we loaded up a 40 footer with different bomb components and drove that around all morning. It was okay. Pointless, but okay. We went to lunch during one of the breaks and once we came back we did training the rest of the day. So nothing bad really happened, hence why I had a good day.
I also went to the football field to try out for the base flag football team. I was told to be there at 1900. I get there around 1850 and there is no one there except a bunch of people kicking soccer balls around. My first thought was I was duked. So I tried to find someone I knew and of course no one I knew was there. So I waited till 1930 and no one showed up. So I left and went to the softball fields. There were people there, but not for the base flag football team. So I came back and now here I am. Disappointed that I was misinformed.
Well My Love, that is all I have. I will talk with you in the morning. Give the kids a hug and kiss for me. I Love You Very Much!!!!