Today I felt like crap. So I didn't do much. Mostly I did the bare minimum. I played with the kids, made meals and sent them outside to play. It really was a beautiful day. It would have been perfect for a hike. But I was committed to resting and trying to kick this whatever this is coming on.
I watched the president lay a wreath at the 9/11 memorial at the Pentagon. When I did, I started crying. Kayleigh asked me why I was crying. So I had to explain to her what 9/11 was and what it meant for our country. We talked about it last year too. But this year I think she really got it. It really makes me sad for my kids, growing up in this time in history. When we dropped Nate of at the airport Kayleigh asked why we had to be searched and why other people couldn't just go back to the gates. It was right then I realized that she had only lived in a post 9/11 world. I told her that we used to be able to, but some bad people did some bad things causing all the extra security. And all those procedures are designed to keep us safe. Anyway, it's a really hard thing to explain to a seven year old. All "bad" things in life are. But it still doesn't make them not a part of our lives.
After I sobbed like a baby in front of the kiddos. They went outside to play. Spencer played football. Jasmine would not give him his football back. So he ran after her...
And tackled her...
Then Jeremiah and him played catch. I caught this really great progression on him catching the ball! Nate would be so proud :)
While all the football excitement was going on Kayleigh was on her roller blades. She is actually getting quite good and will be ready to ice skate come winter! She loves ice skating! So rollerblading is really fun for her too!
The Aurora forecast is calling for good showing of the Aurora's tonight. As of right now, it's still clear so I am going to try again to see them. Even though it's a school night I'm going to wake the kiddos up and we are going to drive back to six mile and hope we can see them! I hope we can tonight.
Sorry you felt like crap babe. I hope you get to feeling better so that you can put up a little competition in our running this month. Anyways, what a little football player we have. He will be good at defense. He likes to tackle. I think he thinks it's more fun to tackle than to dodge tackles. On the other hand. He did a great job catching that ball. I will say I don't think he'll be a wide receiver. He usually isn't good at catching... besides the one you caught there. Kayleigh also looks like she is getting good at roller blading, which like you said, once winter comes around, she'll be good at ice skating. Go Kayleigh!!! Well, I had a pretty good run. I think I drank to much before I ran cause I wanted to throw up in the middle of the run, and my stomach felt heavy with liquid. Well, I had just finished drinking a big cup of coffee 30 minutes before I ran. Oh well, you live in and learn. Well Hot Mama, I'm gonna let you go. I'll talk with you tomorrow. Give the kids a hug and kiss for me and tell them I love them. I Love You Very Very Much!!!
ReplyDelete