Saturday, September 10, 2011

216/365

Today the kids and I got up and ate.  Then we got dressed and headed to Target and Kohls. I needed to get a leotard for Kayleigh and Spencer some new shoes. 

I ended up getting Spencer two new pair of shoes.  One in the size her wears now (10) and one a few sizes up (12).  I just ran across the 12's, the were on sale for $20 and I had a 20% of coupon.  In my opinion you can't beat $15 for a pair of Adidas!  I love kids Adidas because they have a real neat insole.  You take it out and put your kids foot on it and it's in the green part you know it will fit.  It comes in real handy for me because I suck at feeling for a toe through the shoe, that has always been Nate's job.  When I put his foot on the insole of the 9's (the size he is currently wearing) they were too small!  OOPS.  I wonder how long his poor little feet have been cramped in the shoes he has now.  He hadn't complained so I never thought about his feet growing, especially since he grows

He loves his new shoes.  The ones on the right are his for now and the ones on the left are the 12's.  I can't even imagine that his feet will ever be that big.  He is such a slow grower.  But now I have tennis shoes in the next three sizes, so when he finally does have a growth spurt I will be prepared!

The kids played outside most of the rest of the day.  I did some things around the house and cleaned the garage.  Then we went to the Oasis for a quick workout.  I lifted.  I didn't lift as heavy as I usually do.  I figured I should take it a bit easier on the weights if I want to run.  My body needs some time to recover and I don't think I'm giving it enough.  I think this because I may be getting sick.  I've had a sore throat for the past few days.  I know it's a warning that I need to slow down. 

I took one other picture today too.  The mountains are starting to change colors along with the trees.  There are no trees up there, just low bushes.  But they still change with the season.  They way the sun hit the mountains made it so beautiful.  This picture does not do it justice.  I think I am not a good enough photographer and I don't have the right kind of camera to truly capture the beauty here.  I suppose I could edit the photo to bring out the colors, but that feels like cheating to me.  Maybe someday I can take a couple of photography classes and really learn how to use a camera to capture the beauty.  For now I will settle with pictures that capture 80% of the beauty I see and rely on my memory to fill in the rest.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Hot Mama! It was nice to talk to you tonight. I know I don't have a lot to say. Mostly because I do nothing but sit around here and watch the TV. No worries though. I am planning on getting out and exploring some of what Korea has to offer. Also, I was thinking about taking a Korean language class for two reasons. One it would be nice to put that on an EPR and two because it will help me when I am out and about. Anyways, I will say I am sorry for the fuss earlier. But one good thing came out of it. I learned something else about myself. And it cam simply from writing. I wonder if I'm even scratching the surface of who I am. Either way, it felt good to learn something about me and take that step forward to getting to know myself. So I thank you for giving me a starting point. Well, tomorrow marks the day I really start running so you better be ready to keep up. For tonight however, it's time to say goodnight. I will talk to you tomorrow. Give the kids a hug and kiss for me and remind them that I love them very much. I Love You!!!!

    ReplyDelete