Tuesday, September 20, 2011

226/365

This morning we woke up and there was Termination Dust on the mountains!!!!

I am so excited!  I really want the snow to come.  I am not excited for the long winter.  But I am excited for snowshoeing and to finally go cross country skiing.  Lola loves the snow.  The kids love the snow.  I am ready for the peacefulness and the quiet after a fresh snowfall.  I'm ready for snowball fights and snow angels.  Mostly of all it means winter is coming and winter is when Nate comes home!  That is what I am really ready for!

Stacey and I went to the GS store today.  I needed to get one new number to fix Kayleigh's troop number.  But I ended up buying some fun patches too.  I got these fun patches for things she has done this summer...

And I got these for things I have planned this winter...

I think I decided that next year, when her current troop leader moves on to Juniors with her daughter, I am going to take over the Brownie Troop.  I was looking at all the patches and activities and I thought it all looked like so much fun.  And honestly I am such a perfectionist/control freak that things don't get done the way I would like.

Spencer started Tang So Doo today.  He really liked it.  The instructor didn't have any Gee's in his size, so hopefully Thursday he will have some.  He really wants one.   So here are some pictures of him doing it.  Please excuse the quality.  The sports mode is great for shooting action photos, but it isn't good for low light.  The mode that is good for low light is fuzzy for action.  I think I need to start playing with the manual settings and see what I can do.  But for now, these are going to have to do.

First the met their classmates...


      
Then they stretched...





Then they did some kicking...
Kicking
 
Another kick
Getting ready to kick

It was all really cute.  I also took some video please exuse the second one being the wrong way, I don't know how to change that. 



And that was our day in a nutshell!  Until tomorrow...goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. My run absolutely sucked! You can read about that on dailymile though. The T-dust is really beautiful. So are all the colors in the trees. Leaves here are starting to turn now so hopefully it's gonna be beautiful here as well. I LOVE FALL! It's so beautiful this time of year.

    I really like Kayleigh's fun patches. I especially like the one that says my daddy is in the military. It makes me feel special. I also like the idea of you taking over a girl scout troop. I will help you any way you need me to with that. I will be glad to help out.

    So... Spencer looked like he really had a lot of fun. The pictures were cute and the videos were really cool to watch. I think he is gonna like doing that for a while. I would like to get him into a sport next year, football, teeball, soccer or something like that. OOOoooo, Ice Hockey would be cool also.

    Well Babe, I'm starting to feel sick again. I'm gonna let you go, get a shower and get to bed. I will talk with you in the morning. Give the kids a hug and kiss and tell them I Love Them. I Love You!!!!

    ReplyDelete