Monday, September 5, 2011

211/365

This morning, at midnight we took Nate to the airport.  We had a great day together yesterday and it was really sad that it had to end. 

One thing I will say is I am grateful that Alaska Airlines allows us to go back to the gate with military when they leave for a long time.  It makes me so happy that we can squeeze every second out of our time together.  While it is a very public goodbye and everyone in the airport sees us cry, I don't care.  It means so much to me to be able to have those last precious minutes together.  

By the time we got through security (who knew the airport would be jam packed that time of night) his plane was boarding.  But I did talk him into staying with us until last call.  They wouldn't take off without him, it's too much work to get his bags off!  I squeezed every second of time I could with him.  Watching him walk down that jet way kills me every time.  God, I miss him so much already. 

So we said our goodbyes...

I had to sit down for a second and I started to cry.  Kayleigh, gosh she is so strong, said to me, "Mom, do I need to take you to Build-a-Bear to get you a daddy bear too?  It would make you feel better!"  Later she offered to take me shopping to make me happier.

Usually the kids and I go sit at the observation deck and watch his plane take off.  But they were thirsty, so I got them a drink and by the time we got to the observation deck, his plane had taken off.  That means that they literally closed the door and started taxiing RIGHT after he stepped on the plane.  The kids were really sad about that.  Having nothing else to do, we went home and went to bed.

We all slept in since we were up so late.  But both kids asked me where their daddy was when they got up.  They forgot that he had to leave.  That killed me. While we had a bumpy first week or so, it was so great having him here.  It was like he never left, only to have him leave again. 

We spent most of the day inside.  I spent all day inside.  I really should have gone out and mowed the lawn and washed the car and did 10,000 other chores.  But I made the decision to stay inside and feel bad for myself today.  In hopes that I can get off my ass tomorrow and resume the routine we had before. 

The kids went out and played with their friends this afternoon.  But this morning while we were playing inside Spencer was playing with his baby.  It was too cute, I had to snap a few pictures.


















 He is so gentle and caring and loving.  He had a good nature and a big heart.  I hope he carries those qualities throughout the rest of his life. 

Kayleigh built and re-built their blanket fort.  I swear she is going to be an engineer.  She made a door by tying her robe to a pillow pet (as an anchor) and placed everything just right.  If there was an aspect she didn't like, she would expierement with different things until she found the right combination to make it work how she wanted.  What a strong, smart girl she is becoming. 

I know over the next 5 months they are going to grow so much in ways I like and ways I do not.  But they will continue to change and I can't wait for Nate to be here with me and watch them.  Hurry home baby!


1 comment:

  1. Well Babe, I'm in my room again/finally. It has been a long day and I'm drained. I did however get a few hours of sleep. All broken up with several hours awake, but none-the-less, I slept while I was traveling. I'm sorry about not getting a hold of you while I was at LAX. There is no free wifi and all the other wifi things asked for passwords. Hell, I even tried calling you, but the stupid phone didn't accept my card. So I went to a store and tried to get change. NOPE! They can't make change off my card. So I asked where the nearest ATM was. In the main airport area (check-in area). That place is a dump. I never want to go back there again. So I was able to see the aururas. I thought at first it was the planes wings making some kind of mist. But as I watched it it got farther away, and that's how I knew I saw them. That and they were green and blueish. I also got to see an A380 today at Incheon after we got off our plane. That thing is huge. It's taller than 747, fatter, everything. By the time I got my camera out it had taxied off. But it was really cool to see. Oh the reason I was able to sleep, was because Korean Air gives "FREE" ALL YOU CAN DRINK BOOS!!!! So I got drunk at 40,000 feet. Then I fell asleep for a couple of hours. It was nice though because I was tired. Much like I am now. So I'm gonna let you go. I will talk with you tomorrow. I Love You! Give the kids a hug and kiss for me and tell them I Love Them so much and I miss you all really badly. I Love You Babe!!!

    ReplyDelete