Friday, September 23, 2011

229/365

It's getting colder.  This is what the temperature was when I dropped Spencer off for school today.

That's right, its September and we are having lows in the 30's.  It seems like last week I just said goodbye to 60 degree temps for the year.  And now I am looking at the ten day forecast and we're supposed to be having HIGHS in the 40's!  I think within the next week or two I am going to have to say goodbye to the 50's.

This mornings temp made me really happy that I bought long running tights this week.  I have been wearing the capris.  But it's been between 45 and 50 when I run.  I knew if it got about 5 or so degrees colder I would have to find something to cover all of my legs.  I found a decent pair at target.  I like them.  I am grateful that I can pull them off.  I hate running in pants.  What I hate most is that the bottom of your legs/pants get wet when you run through puddles and wet grass.  So running tights, as ridiculous as they look, really do help with that problem.  I tested them out on my short run this morning and they did keep my legs warm.  I am still running in a tank and a fleece.  So I am betting I can probably run in weather 10 or 15 degrees colder if I just put on a long sleeve UnderArmor  type t.  After that though, I don't know what I am going to do.  Maybe I'll just get my cardio in with XC skiing and snowshoeing.  I can wear my snowpants and a jacket for that.  I really don't think I can run in so much clothes.  So I'll just stick to running on the treadmill at the Arctic Oasis a few times a week.  All I'm really looking to do is maintain the ability to run a 5k.  I can work my way up from there once the weather gets better again.

I need to be off to bed, big run in the morning!  Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck on your big run today. I hope you do well because you deserve it. You are an amazing runner and woman. You always lift my spirits when I need them lifted. I just hope that I do the same for you. So, go gettem' and remember I will always be there in spirit to support you. That's all I really have. I Love You So Much! Goodnight My Love.

    ReplyDelete