After I dropped Spencer off at preschool, I decided to just run around Ft Rich. Then I would just use their gym and walk back and get Spencer. I wouldn't use any extra gas doing that. So I randomly ran around base. I was running and I found a trail that went behind the school. I thought it would just follow right behind the school, boy was I WRONG! It went deep into the woods! I was scared! I sang REALLY loud in hopes of keeping the bears away. Thankfully I didn't run into another person on that trail. They would have thought I was crazy! I could only get out 1 of every 4 words. It was ridiculous. I guess I know which paths to avoid over there now!
I ended at Bukner Gym. My plan was to just lift there and then maybe sit in the sauna (if they have one). So I went in and a lady yelled at me that I needed to sign in! I have only been in there once (to swim) so I thought that the sign in was only for swimming. Well arparently it is to use all gym facilites. It is a completley foreign concept to me. We have never been to a base where you have to sign in (unless you are on the fat boy program). Well of course I wasn't in their system and you need your ID to get in the system. I never run with my ID. I'm way to paranoid of losing it and having to deal with getting a new one. Which would be near impossible with Nate gone. I left.
So I decided to walk back and just drive to our gym. I think it's nicer (at least the parts I have seen) anyway. I always feel like I'm in a dungeon there. It actually reminds me a lot of Luke's gym. And I hated the gym there. Ours is so big and open. Quite frankly the gym here kicks ass!
Along the way back to Elemndorf I saw Amber running the same route that I did not 30 minutes before. It made me smile. If I was just a few minutes later and she was just a few minutes earlier we could have ran together. But I am sure she is faster and goes farther than I do. She still should be training for her half marathon next month. I am really proud of her. She has a lot of drive. I don't think I could do that on such short notice. And she looks great! I almost didn't recognize her!
To keep myself running, I've decided to do a couple more races. The next race is next Saturday. I figure what better way to celebrate my birthday than to run a 5k. It's put together by UAA Student Services, but anyone can run and the proceeds go to charity. It's called I ♥ Kids and Cows fun run. And the first 200 to cross the finish line get a cow bell! How exciting is that. I NEED a cowbell! I was #232 in the Snow City Cafe 5k. So hopefully there won't be too many super fast college kids. I guess all I can hope for is them all being hung over
The next weekend there is another 5k and a 5k/10k. The first 5k is the Texas Holdem 5k here on base. I assume there is no entry fee, but I could be wrong. Most of the ones on base do not have entry fees. Then on Saturday is the Oktoberfest 5k and 10k race. It's entry fee is $20 and proceeds go Bean's Cafe and Brother Francis Homeless Shelter. I don't want to do both, but I do want to do one. I just don't know which.
In other news, I got a letter in the mail from the IRS. They say we owe them the exact amount of the return we got in 2009. Apparently I am a tax cheat. I couldn't find the damn paper return (I also had a digital copy saved on a computer or something somewhere) so I had to go into the program that I use and pay to print off a copy. Anything filed more than 2 years ago you have to pay for. I am grateful that it's there because if they didn't save it, I wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Anyway, I called and talked to someone. At first she just told me all the crap on the paper that I got in the mail said. I told her that was impossible. There is no way in hell that a family of four who makes $30,000 taxable owes $6,000 in taxes. It doesn't happen. She couldn't understand why we would get such a big return. So I had to explain that we make so little that good ole Uncle Sam gives us an ass load of tax credits. I about said, "You work for the f-ing IRS, you should know how our tax system works." I can't believe I had to explain the concept of refundable credits
| The finished product :) |
Good job with your tun today hottie. Just so you know, you look super awesome. Like you are so fine I wonder what you are doing with me. Anyways, if you haven't looked already, I logged a second run today. I ran a 5k and it felt really nice. When I was done I wasn't winded at all. Made me think that I could run it a lot faster. We'll see, huh? So about your runs. You are doing a Cow Bells 5k right? I think you should give yourself the go ahead push and run the 10k. If you have to walk for a while, then you have to walk for a while. But I stand beside my opinion that you should push yourself. You never know, you might blow it out of the water. Just don't overexert yourself. The last thing we need is a hurt hot mama! Oh, and me living with the blame the rest of my life.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear that you were happy to see Amber. I know the topic has been a sore one and you feel horrible for the whole thing and how it went down. But it shows that you are not resentful in any way. If only she could read this blog, she would see how supportive you are. I know you are. Hell you have supported me through all this time. You have held strong to the belief that I would not do anything to hurt this relationship. I think that is one hell of a way to support your man. Too bad not all relationships are like ours. Maybe divorce rates in the US wouldn't be so high.
Well Love, I'm gonna get showered and head to bed. I will talk with you in the morning. Give the kids a big hug and kiss for me and tell them I love them. I Love You!!!