Thursday, September 22, 2011

228/365

I don't know if I've ever siad this here, but I HATE my kitchen.  I think I have re-arranged it 10 times in the past seven months that we've lived here.  I wanted Nate to help me rearrange it again, in hopes that a fresh set of eyes would help.  But no dice.  He gave me absolutely no advise.  So today, while Spencer was napping, I took everything (except the plates and cups) out of the cabinets and drawers and found a new home for it.  I even re-arranged everything on the counter.  UGH!  It is just so annoying.  I HATE this house!  I HATE it!  No matter what I do it doesn't feel right.  It doesn't feel like home.  I love the location and the neighborhood, so I won't move.  But nothing fits right and it doesn't flow well.  BLECH!  I want the house at Lakenheath back!  I LOVED that house!!!!  It was perfect for us.  Perfect size, perfect layout and just beautiful in general.  Some days I really get homesick for England.  Which is funny because it isn't even where I am from.

In other news, I bought a fanny pack today.  Yes, welcome to 1985.  I own a fanny pack. 
Here's my awesome fanny pack

I have been searching high and low for a arm band that will fit my phone.  I've been so discouraged by the search that I have been tempted to buy an ipod touch.  I hate ipods/iphones etc.  I just don't like the ios and I prefer the things on the Android market.  So I use my phone to track my workouts and running trails.  Everything.  But no one makes an arm band that fits my phone.  Some of you might say, well just put the thing in your pocket!  Well I do.  But most of my workout clothes don't have pockets.  When I do wear something that has a pocket and put it in there is moves around so much it bugs me!  So Spencer and I ventured to REI in search of SOMETHING, anything really, that would fit my phone.  And I found a fanny pack.  The good thing about it is that I can fit my phone, car key (no more hiding the keys in the car and hoping no one steals it!) and chapstick.  It is also low profile and black.  So no one should be able to see it.  All I could think when I bought it was, "Awesome, I can wear my new fanny pack and the hat I got yesterday and be real styling!"  Here's what it looks like on

I can even pull my shirt over it and you can hardly tell it's there.  So maybe it's not that bad.

I'm going to go for a short run tomorrow and test it out.

The kids had class today.  So I lifted.  I swear every time I work out during ballet all the other ballet moms give me the stinkeye.  I don't know if I'm just self conscious or full of myself.  When I've sat at the tables I have heard a lot of moms talk poo about moms who are working out.  So maybe I just have a thing in my head that moms who don't work out talk about those who do.  So I should just get over it.

Anyway, Spencer got his Gi today.  Here he is posing...

1 comment:

  1. Nice Fanny! I mean fanny pack. No but really, nice butt. I'm quite fond of it. So, no work this weekend! Yeah, that means we actually get to talk to one another. So you gotta let me know how the fanny pack works out for you.

    Spencer looks absolutely adorable in his Gi. I mean so darn cute that I could pinch his chubby little cheeks. That's my little man. Gotta learn some stuff to protect the women in our lives.

    SOOOOOOOOOOOO... I went for a run. I intentionally ran around the flight line this time. It's actually a lot harder since I actually paid attention to what I was doing. Everything started off great, a little stiff, but nothing out of the norm. I hit the two mile mark and everything goes to hell. I get a cramp in my hamstring. I stretch it out and keep going. Right around three miles I got a calf cramp... same leg. I stretched it out and kept going. I get somewhere around five miles and get the calf cramp again. After stretching it out, I feel a hamstring cramp coming so I stretch it out and them stretched them both out... and kept going. Now I'm sitting in my room and my right leg is all knotted up. Good thing I have two days rest it. Besides my amazing 5.96 mile run, I had to lead the training session. Yeah, guess what. It lasted ALL day. We took an hour break and went to lunch and came back and went right back it. So I was unable to get to finance today. I'm sorry about that. So hopefully we get paid tomorrow. I figured we would because everything revolves around Elsworth. There on mountain or central time or something like that. I don't really know, but they are a day behind us here. So that's my logic and I guess we will see.

    Well it's off to the shower. I will talk with you tomorrow. Give the kids a hug and kiss for me. I Love You Very Much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete