Sunday, July 31, 2011

176/365

This morning when I was getting dressed I noticed the starting of a 6 pack!  Now I will say it is not my goal to have a six pack.  I really don't think that I have the discipline to not eat low enough carbs to be able to have and keep a six pack.  What I am excited about is that my abdominal fat is melting way so much that you can actually see muscle.  There also may be a hint of  some serratus anterior's showing!  That is my favorite muscle in the abdomen.  That and the pubis muscle, you know the one that makes the "V".  Also, there will be no pictures.  I figure in the past few weeks I have overcome my fear of showing my stomach and you guys have seen enough.  I am happy with the way it looks, but there does not need to be a half naked picture of me up here every day.  Anyway that is my exciting news for the day.

My new found muscles made me go to the gym and run hard today!  And I actually liked it!  It felt GREAT!  Beyond that I am getting faster.  I have been doing these new interval workouts for two weeks.  And in two weeks I have improved my run time by 1 minute per mile!  That doesn't seem like much.  But for me it's a lot.  I tried and tried and could not get any faster than an 11 minute/mile I couldn't run any harder than I already was and I was HATING it.  But today I ran at a 10 minute/mile for a sustained amount of time and I liked it.  That is HUGE for me!

I got to talk to Nate for almost 3 hours tonight!  It was fantastic.  Then I didn't even have to cook dinner.  Stacey had some salmon in her freezer that she needed to get cooked so she invited the kids and I over.  I made some rolls and brought some wine.  She had everything prep'd and we both cooked together.  Dinner was delcicous.  And the kids had a great time!  They even jumped on the trapoline in the rain

I could have gone out there and played with them and crossed #64, but I was enjoying adult time.  So I didn't.  Maybe next time I will.

POSITIVE THOUGHT OF THE DAY
I am a good listener.  And I think I often give good, helpful feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment