Wednesday, July 6, 2011

151/365

I got Spencer put on the waiting list for preschool today.  It was relatively easy.  But I still stand my my earlier comments that these people have no idea what they are doing.  The lady who signed us up didn't know the difference between BAS and BAH.  And she didn't even look up our BAH Type II rate, she just went with our full rate.  The type II rate is what is supposed to be used to calculate day care rates.  So needless to say, if Spencer gets a spot in the preschool, I will have to have them recalculate our rates.  I am not impressed.

The other thing that sucks is that I won't find out until around August 22nd if he got a spot.  Preschool starts the following Monday.  So I have no way of making any other plans if he doesn't get in.  This whole process is very frustrating!  And I will definitely be writing a letter to the head of this whole thing, once I figure out who that is.

Kayleigh lugging her stuff to her cabin
 Today was Kayleigh's big day!  She went off to Girl Scout Camp!  The drive was long!  So for the record, if I am ever lured by Wasilla's cheap housing, remind me how long the damn drive was!  We got there and got checked in.  I met her councilors, Silver and Sunshine.  I do not think that those are their real names, the nurse was Lavender.  They can't all have hippy names, can they?  I got her settled.  While she was unpacking, I noticed that she didn't have her blanket.  I told her to double check her room for anything, she came down with her stuffed dolphin, but forgot her blanket.  I just hope her fleece jammies and sleeping bag keep her warm enough!  When it was time to say goodbye she practically ignored me.  She gave Spencer a hug and turned around and sat back down.  I said, "Bye."  She didn't even turn around, but said, "Bye."  Silver told her to get up and give me a hug! 


I was a little sad.  I admit, I almost cried.  I know she is going to be fine and have tons of fun.  But it is hard letting go like that.  I won't really know what happened while she was there.  It almost feels the same as when Nate is TDY, like I'm missing out. 

Lake at Camp Togowoods
We weren't even 10 feet away from Kayleigh and Spencer started to cry.  He said, "I miss sissy already!"  That made me even more sad.  So we took a little detour down by the lake.  Of course Spencer noticed the boat and said he wanted to go on it.  I knew the only way I would get him out of there was to promise him that we could go to the lake tomorrow.  So I think I am going to take him out to Otter Lake (on base) and rent a boat for a little bit tomorrow.  He will enjoy that!

No comments:

Post a Comment