First we got a little paddle boat and paddled around the lake. He wanted to fish while he was in the boat, so I let him.
We came across a mom and baby loon. We sort of chased them around the lake a little. Spencer really liked them and wanted a closer look.
I also took some video of them because the mom had a really cool call. Spencer loved it!
When we were done with the boat, we go back on dry land and had a picnic. I am going to count that as number 46, have a picnic at a park.
After our little picnic we fished a little from the bank. And then we went exploring. Spencer found some cabins and really wanted to go inside them.
Then we found some geese and their babies (what are baby geese called?). Spencer really wanted to get a closer look. I told him that was fine, but when I said to stop he needed to stop and back away.
He got closer...
And closer...
And kept going after I told him to stop. Here you can see the mama goose starting to turn to chase him.
That's right my son got chased by a goose. I have never seen him run so fast in my life. I was terrified and chased the goose right back. She ran away from me, after all I am a lot bigger than her!
He was so sad after that.
I decided that it was time to go. So we got in the car and left. I also chose to drive a little further back into base, just to see what was back there. I love driving on dirt roads, I reminds me of my crazy teenage years. Except, now I don't get crazy.
While I was driving (slowly) I was thinking about how great it would be if we saw a moose and that would get Spencer to stop talking about how it was my fault the goose chased him. I came around a corner and what do you know, there was a baby black bear right in the middle of the road. By the time I realized what it was, stopped the car and got the camera out it was gone. I drove by where it went into the woods very slowly, but didn't see anything.
When we first got here and we hadn't seen a moose people told us that we probably had, we just missed it or didn't realize what it was. I think that is a load of crap because those things are huge. But I could see how you could miss a black bear. In the dense woods they would just look like a black spot or a shadow. I am really grateful that I was driving slowly or I would have ran right into it. I am a little sad I didn't get to the camera in time.
Hey Hot Momma! I see you had a wonderful day. Spencer looked like he had a ton of fun. Even though he did get chased by a goose; which made me laugh because that's the kind of thing that only happens in movies. Anyways, it made me happy to see you having a good day with him. Maybe he won't feel so left out because his sister got to go to girl scout camp. The Loon call was pretty neat too. And Spencer mocking the call was hilarious. It was obvious that he loved it. Well, I'm gonna go to sleep now. I Love You and I can't wait to see you again.
ReplyDelete