Friday, July 29, 2011

174/365

All I can say is today really sucked!  I had a bunch of things to get done today.  And since we haven't gone anywhere or done anything in a while I figured they could handle a couple of hours of errands.  Boy was I wrong!  They fought the entire time.  They yelled at me.  It all eventually ended in Spencer screaming how much he hates me in the middle of Target.  Good times!

I had to take Amber's air matresses back, that she so graciously lended us a month ago, and I was probably not so nice.  I could not take the day anymore.  I feel bad now because I was probably pretty short and distant.  Sorry Amber.

We came home and I got the kids lunch and told them to take a nap.  Well neither of them listened.  They played in their rooms the rest of the day.  I was so stressed that I went up and laid in bed to calm down and fell asleep.  The kids let me sleep until 7!  OOPS!

And even though they didn't nap, they are in great moods now.  I don't know how that happened.  I do know that who ever took my polite, well mannered, generally awesome children needs to return them.  So if you are reading this child thief, I would like you to know that I understand why you would exchange these horribly behaved children for mine.  But I worked very hard for many years to have children that are well mannered and well behaved.  It is something I pride my self in.  I would greatly appreciate it if you would a)return my children to me b) pay me for my services of training raising awesome kids or c) give me back all that time that I put into those great kids.  These ones are ready for pickup, I would like my old ones back!

In all seriousness they've been through a lot in the past 6 months and I know they are going to go through a lot in the next 6.  I just hope once Nate is back that they revert back to their old ways.  I'm starting to feel like I am not a good mother.  And that there is nothing I can do to have them behave.  I really am at a loss of what to do with them.  I am starting to think again that this whole Korea thing was a shitty idea and we should have stayed in the hell otherwise known as LAFB.

Anyway enough pitty party for today.  I am sure I have many more ahead of me and do not want to use up all my time.

One of our errands was selling some books at Tidal Wave and picking up a few new ones.  I let the kids pick some.  Kayleigh got 4 and Spencer got 2.  Yes, I know it's unfair, but she got 3 chapter books $2 each and a $5 book and his were $6 each.  Anyway, this is what he picked.

It made me laugh because I think he's studying on how to become the world's first space pirate.  I will be one proud mama if he realizes this dream!  Who doesn't want their child to be the Jack Sparrow of zero gravity? 

POSITIVE THOUGHT #22
I speak the truth.  I don't bullshit to make myself feel better or others feel worse.  With me what you see is what you get!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you had a bad day babe. I had a pretty shitty day myself, but I'm not gonna get into that. I really wish whomever took our well-mannered children would return them to us as well. So please, for the sake of my wife's sanity, please return them. I'm just glad that they shaped up at the end of the day, just in time to go to bed. Well love, I don't have any more to say right now. I'm pretty tired. I will talk with you tomorrow. I Love You!!!!

    ReplyDelete