Monday, July 25, 2011

168/365

OK, so I haven't updated since Friday.  But for good reason.  Nate was here this weekend.  So I am still going to count myself as updating on time and still on track for my goal.  Especially since my goal was to update daily while Nate is gone and then update at least weekly while he's here.  Technically, he was here and I only needed to update once this week ;)

Anyway, we picked up Nate from the airport super early.  Then we went out to eat at Snow City Cafe.  We had a great time.  Breakfast was delicious, as always.  And the kids were so well behaved.  They were just happy to see their daddy.  And I was so happy he was here too!  I miss that man something fierce!  Kayleigh took this picture of us while we were waiting for our food. I thought it was super cute!

After breakfast, we came home and Nate went and took a nap.  Very understandable since he worked all night and then jumped on a plane to come down and see us. 

Stacey invited us over for Jermiah's birthday party.  So we went over there and hung out for a few hours.  It was nice to be out socializing with people, with my husband there!  What a novelty!  Actually having a husband around. 

Then we came home and lounged around the rest of the day.  The kids cuddled with their daddy on the couch.  He was still REALLY tired.  But I will give him credit, he stayed awake.  Spencer could barely keep his eyes open.  He fell asleep on Nate a few times.  I guess Nate still has the Nate-tranq!  :)
That boy is OUT!

POSITIVE THOUGHT OF THE DAY

I am a good wife.  In fact, I am a great wife.  Last night, I was exghausted.  Our long walk and being out so late, I still came home.  Cleaned up the kids.  Gave the dog a bath and cleaned myself up.  After all that I cleaned the ENTIRE house.  All the way down to scrubbing the floors!  I just could not let Nate come home and see it such a mess.  Not because I think he would get mad.  Because I know he would never say anything to  me about it.  But because I want him to come home to a clean house.  I want him to want to be in our home.  I think that after being gone for so long he deserves to come home to a nice, clean, good smelling home.  It's the same when he is here.  Right before  he is about to get off of work, I clean up.  I run a quick vacuum over the main living areas and make sure most of the toys (at least the ones not being played with at the time) are picked up.  I guess that's just the way I am.   But when he came home I could see how appreciative he was of it.  He knew I had a long day, and it was made longer by staying up and cleaning.  However, I did it because I knew it would make him happy.  And seeing him happy about it made me feel good too!

1 comment: