Friday, July 8, 2011

153/365

Today we picked Kayleigh up from camp.  I swear she grew in the three days since she's been gone.  Her hair even looks longer!

She showed us everywhere in the camp.  Her favorite place was the wishing bridge.  Apparently, once a day you can make a wish when you walk over the bridge.  The catch is that you have to hold your breath and plug your nose.  Here Kayleigh is demonstrating the proper technique.

Here is Kayleigh coaching Spencer on his technique.

We also had a picnic there with all the other campers and the counclers.  It was very fun.  Kayleigh had a GREAT time and was very sad to leave.  She says she wants to go back next year, but for a five day camp instead of a three day.  I told her if she keeps her grades up she can go to camp, but her daddy and I will have to talk about the length.

Before we went to get Kayleigh, I did a lot of thinking today.  I took some pictures of myself for Nate earlier this week.  Out of the 200+ I took, I really only liked maybe 20.  My big problem is that I hate my stomach.  I've had two C-Sections and have this disgusting flap of skin over my scar.  I'm not ok posting a picture of it because it is so gross.  Maybe one day I will own it and be able to.  But not yet.  You can google it and find some pictures to give you an idea of my issue.  But most of the pictures are of fat women.  This is where my problem really gets to me.  I look great from the top of my head to my belly button and from my hips to my toes.  I should be able to wear a swimsuit without being self conscious.  If I didn't have that flap I could totally rock a bikini.  Yes, I have stretch marks, but those don't bother me because they are not that bad.  I have been seriously been considering a mini-tuck.  Yes, I am deathly afraid of surgery, but hate it so much I am seriously considering surgery. 

All of this thinking negativly about myself reminded me of #53 on my list "Say one nice thing about myself every day for 30 days".  So I have decided that today is as good a day as any to start.  Who knows maybe it will talk me out of a completely unecessary surgery.  So here it goes:

#1
I have come a LONG way in the past six months and I think my body looks 100% better than it did before I started losing weight.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Babe. I'm glad to hear Kayleigh had a great time at camp. I know you have been scared and have missed her. So I'm sure seeing her again was a real joy for you. So about your tummy tuck... if you really want it, then go for it. I know you are terrified of surgery, but know that I will be there with you hopefully the entire time. Well, as long as you wait for me to get back from Korea or wait till I'm there on mid-tour.

    Well, I guess it's time for me to bitch. So far we have worked over 12 hours everyday. We do so gladly... when we aren't left with the shift from day shift. We have spent the first few hours of every shift fixing the fuck ups of days. On top of that, our supervision is fucking us over as well. That story is too long to tell here. Anyways, on top of that, Monday when I made it back here. A whole shit ton of mess heated up because the guys that went camping took the Suburban. Our supervision was yelling at everyone because other people wanted to take it other places. Okay good point. Well, tonight when we finally got off shift, both the 16 pax van and the suburban were gone. Well, WTF! We want to go somewhere also. So we just keep getting shitted on. Now our supervision is saying that they want to meet swing shift at the gate so they can task out people to relieve days. Well, I say fuck that. We are forced to work 12's and days gets to get off on time or early. It's bullshit and I won't stand for it. So I don't know what I'm gonna say or do about this. As of right now I'm just pissed about the whole situation. The only thing that I have left to cling on to is that this has been a free ticket home to you and the kids.

    In other news. I was trying to get us off early tonight because I was gonna head there with Sgt Southern and Hoover who were kind enough to allow me to come with them if we got off early enough and surprise you and the kids. They waited to midnight before I called them and told them to go ahead and leave. They were wanting to know what was taking so long and I told them that this happens every night. They were shocked by that so I don't know. Maybe a brief glimmer of hope for us there. Well, that concludes my bitching and moaning. I will talk with you tomorrow. I Love You!!!!

    ReplyDelete