The rest of the day was great! I took the car to get an oil change and a computer system update. I wasn't sure how long it would take, so I called a babysitter to come and watch the kids. I really was not in the mood to deal with them at a dealership, waiting. Kids are bad waiters and they get into things. And I know from previous expierence my kids are all over the place in car dealerships. I am REALLY paranoid that they are going to do something to scratch or otherwise damage the showroom cars.
Having the kids watched gave me a chance to go for a run outside while I was waiting for the car. It was great! From the dealership, it's a couple minute walk to one of the local bike/running trails. So I walked down there and started my run. I ran on the Campbell Creek Trail. It was great, but it was hard. Today I was reminded why I hate running so much to begin with. Running outside is hard. It's hard to keep your pace. It's hard to go up hill and it's hard to not stop. But I did my 3:1 intervals and I ran 2.8 miles in 27 minutes. Not too shabby if you ask me! I ran too far before turning back, so I had to walk an extra mile to get back to the dealership. For a total of almost 4 miles today!
On my walk back, I saw some people kayaking down Campbell Creek! It was really cool. I never even thought of kayaking down the small creeks that are all over town. I definitely want to do this! Here those people are.
They gave me some very valuable advise, Do not buy Wal*Mart rafts. They are littered all over the banks of the creek because they break! So, note to self, do not be cheap when buying a kayak!
When I got back the car was done AND they put my front licence plate on too! I have had it in the window since we change our plates over to Alaska plates. Arizona doesn't require a front plate. So the car had no holes or bracket to attach it to. It was really nice of them to attach it for me FOR FREE!
Also while I was at the dealership I saw a super sexy WRX/STI. Man, that thing is hot! If I had an extra $30k lying around I would totally buy it for Nate! He would look super hot in it! The only downfall I see, is he would probably go back to his car racing days :) But damn, I love that car!
The rest of the day the kids played outside and I did some house work. We had a make up gymnastics class, that I COMPLETELY forgot about! Shhhh! Don't tell Kayleigh ;)
Positive thought #21 (HOME STRETCH!)
I am a smart, independent and resourceful woman. Whenever there is a problem, I can fix it. I can do (almost) anything! And I really think I could do ANYTHING if I wanted to or had a reason to!
Starting from the bottom here. I don't know if I like you being so resourceful. Don't get me wrong, it's a great attribute, but it makes me think that you don't need me around. So, about the WRX. I really like that car as well. If I were to get one I really don't think you should be worried about me reverting to my racing days. I'm an old man now with a beautiful family and a lot to live for. I couldn't even begin to think about going back to that. The kids would be terrified and so would you. Those days are over for me. Things happen for a reason right. About the kayaking. If you want we could totally do that while I'm there on mid-tour. If it is something you want to do during that time. Anyways, I'm not sure if this says when I make my comments, but it's 0345. We just got home. I've said so much about this crap that I'm not sure what more I can say about it. It's a shitty deal. The only thing I have left is knowing that it's only six more work days. I'm so thankful we are about to hit the home stretch. I'm tired of being here with all the bullshit that is going on. So about my words yesterday to MSgt. Remember how I told you I told him not to tell me how to rum my shift and if he had a problem with how I was running my shift to find someone else that could do a better job. Well, today I got fired from swings lead. I opened my mouth and they stuck a dick in it and put me as swings expeditor. Now everyone on swings is pissed off because TSgt Hoover is in charge of the shift while I'm expediting. That's my bitch for the day. I'm going to bed. I will talk with you tomorrow. I Love You!!!
ReplyDelete