Monday, July 25, 2011

169/365

Today, it was rainy.  Nate and I decided it was the perfect day to go to the mall and for me to buy some new jeans.  After we ate breakfast and talked and enjoyed each others company, off we went!

Here's the proof of what I bought!
We went to AE to check out their jeans. Honestly, I was prepared to go to every store in that mall and try on every pair of jeans, just so I could find a pair that fit well.  So I grabbed a few pair and headed to the dressing room.  I really have no idea what size I am.  I have just been wearing the 12's and 10's and dealing with it.  So I assumed I was an 8.  But when I put them on, they were a little big.  I asked the girl who was working the dressing room, if she could get me a different size, a 6!  I tried them on and they fit!  I can not believe that they fit!  There is nothing I can say to convey how happy I was.  It is just such an amazing feeling.  This time last year I had to go out and buy all new shorts (12's) because I had gained weight and nothing fit.  This feels much better than that.

After my mini shopping spree we came home again.  We really decided not to do much this weekend.  We just wanted to be together and hang out.  We went to the Oasis, so I could get a run in.  Today was my for distance run.  So I decided to do 4:1 intervals instead of the 3:1 intervals I have been doing.  The first few intervals were easy, but as I went on it got harder and harder.  I noticed that I couldn't run as fast as I had been .  The end result was the same and 11 min/mile pace for about 27 minutes.  But the 3:1 interval doesn't seem as hard.

While I was running, Nate and the kids played mini golf.  And Nate finally got to see Kayleigh climb the rock wall all by herself.  He was quite impressed!

 We came home and made dinner together.  I really miss the help at that time of day.  I love having him home to chat with while we chop and cook.  After we finished all the chopping he took over dinner so I could go take a shower.  It was delicious.  He hasn't lost his skills in the kitchen and that makes me happy!

We ate.  Then we decided to take the kids to the movies.  We went and saw Cars 2 again.   I have to say, I think I like it a little more the second time around.  And now I know Spencer will definitely be getting it for Christmas!  All in all, it was a GREAT day!

Positive thought #17

Today's good thought was prompted by buying such small pants.  Yes, my mind has been controlled by that today.  I was scared to buy them.  I am scared that the weight will creep back on.  But when I caught myself thinking that, I immediately squashed that thought.  I said to myself, you will see yourself start to gain again.  You will NOT allow it.  Mainly because you are cheap and don't want to have to buy more pants.  And besides that you will  have your blog to look back and see how far you have come.  Below, it my weight chart of the weight I have lost.  It starts at 154, in November last year.  I started officially tracking when I was was about 8 pounds down from my highest last summer.  It feels good to see that chart get smaller and smaller.  I WILL NOT ALLOW IT TO GO UP!
Chart titled, Weigh yourselfd
And as if I needed any more motivation, I will post some pictures of me in my new size 6 jeans!
Here's a little better
Sorry it's blurry.  I couldn't get a good picture like this for some reason













 



 

I realized the other day, I do not have any pictures of me at my heaviest.  But I also don't have any full body pictures of me at my fittest.  How the hell am I going to motivate myself if I do not SEE what I look like?  So that is about to get changed!  I will continue to look like this and I will be accountable for my eating habits.  I WILL NOT snack just because Nate has delcious smelling food right next to me at ten o'clock at night.  I will not!

No comments:

Post a Comment