The kids and I went to the Oasis. My back still hurt. But I needed to get up and get moving. So I loaded up on Excedrin and off we went. Every time I walked, my back hurt. Sitting, my back hurt. Bending over, my back hurt. Stretching, my back hurt. But I was determined. I figured I could warm up and do one interval and see how it felt. Funny thing; running, my back didn't hurt. I went slow, between 5.7-6mph. But as the run went on I got a little faster. I was up to 6mph about half way through. Then the second to last interval I sped up to 6.5 and the last I was up to 7, then 7.5 for the last 30 seconds. It felt good. after every run I felt like I could have gone longer. So next time I am going to start at 6 and go between 6 and 8. I think on for distance run (as opposed to for time run) on Sunday I will try to up my interval to 4:1. I guess we will see what happens and what feels better. Obviously I will start slow on the distance run. It was also a great workout because the kids didn't bother me once! How lucky am I?
Stacey and the kids came home today. My kids were overjoyed to say the least. They spent all day playing with them. I hardly saw them at all. It was GREAT! And they were so happy to have their friends back!
I also posted a few things for sale. The kids NEVER play out back. They only play in the cul de sac with the other kids. So I decided that it was time to get rid of their out back toys. So that is today's picture, the playhouse. I have a ton of other stuff I need to post, but it's a lot of work. I will probably get around to it sometime in the next few weeks.
I would really like to start getting rid of old clothes. But I am scared. Last time I got rid of my old clothes, I gained all the weight back plus some. I don't want to do that again. I KNOW I will gain some back next year when Nate gets home. And I hate the thought of that. I am happy where I am and I was miserable at 160. I feel better about myself. I am happier and more fun. My hormones seem to be more balanced. I just feel better, happier and more secure in who I am. I don't want that to change. I am just going to really have to watch myself when he gets home.
POSITIVE THOUGHT #11
Today's positive thought is a spin off my yesterday's positive thought. I am a good mom. My kids are polite, well taken care of, fed, clothed and most of all LOVED! They are also sweet, kind, caring considerate, smart and funny. I can't help but think I had a lot to do with that. I know some of their personality traits are just part of them, but I know that many of them are also learned by what they see here. I provide a loving, safe, nuturing environment for them. And I think it's rubbing off. All in all I love my kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment