Thursday, July 14, 2011

159/365

I want to be a runner.  I suck at running.  In basic training I ran my two miles in 17 minutes.  That was after six weeks of constant running.  I should have been able to do better.  I realize that I will never be fast.  I probably won't run a marathon.  But one of my goals is to do a 5K and a half marathon.  So I started the couch to 5k program, again.  I have attempted this program many times.  But every time I get stuck around week four.  Week four is 5 minute warm up, 3 minute run, 1.5 minute walk, 5 minute run, 2.5 minute walk, repeat once then 5 minute cool down.  I hate this run!  I absolutely hate it.  I can get through the intervals once and I can do the 3 minute run again, but that second 5 minute run KILLS me!  I've been on  this week for a good 3 weeks now.  And I have not progressed ANY!  It still hate it as much as the first time I tried it.  So last night I decided to look of other interval training programs and I ran across Jeff Galloway's. His program is much simpler.  You pick your own intervals and then you start out running for 10 or 15 minutes (this includes your walking too!).  So I am deciding to give this program a go.

There's not too much information on the website, but I got enough.  I think he really wants you to buy his books.  And I already checked, the library doesn't have it.  I may check Tidal Wave next time I'm down there.  Anyway, it said if you run a 10min/mile pace (6mph) then you should do a 3:1 interval.  Easy enough, I was pretty much doing that already with the C25K.  I did not start from the begining becuase I have already been running some.  I chose to do a 20 minute run.  It went very well.  I wasn't huffing and puffing.  I didn't curse the run.  Actually after my last interval, I felt like I could do another 5 minutes.  So I think next week I will do start doing 25 minute runs.

I think I am going to sign up for the Snow City Cafe 5k, August 21st.  It's downtown and flat (a major bonus for me) and Nate will be here.  So I don't have to worry about someone taking care of the kiddos.  It's $30 so if I do register I HAVE to go, even if I walk a lot, because I won't want my money to go to waste.  Maybe next year I will make my goal to run in the the Mayor's Half Marathon or the Zombie Half Marathon. Hell, maybe if I ever actually start liking running, I'll do both!

Anyway onto my day.  Ovbiously, we went to the Oasis.  I wanted to go for a hike, but it was crappy.  However, around 5 or so the clouds cleared up and it was nice.  But by then the kids were already outside playing with their friends, so I didn't want to intrupt that.  Maybe we'll go tomorrow.  And maybe we'll let Nate pick one on Saturday or Sunday (Flattop or out to Alyeska?), if he's lucky ;)  After my workout we went to Wal*Mart because I needed to get those darn cups for Kayleigh and Lexi.  I promised them and I really don't go to Wal*Mart often, so I made a special trip for those.  Then we came home and talked to Nate.  Then off to the commissary.  That was about our day in a nutshell.

Positive thought #7
My ass.  I think I have a great ass!  You could say it's my best ASSet, lol

Oh, today's picture.  Our comforter is reversible.  So when  I made the bed after washing the sheets today, I decided to reverse it.  I don't think I like it.  But I'll live with it until next time I wash the sheets.  Mostly because I'm too lazy to un-make the bed, flip it over and re-make it.

1 comment:

  1. Well Babe, I hate running also. Why do we have to run to be in good physical condition. Why can't we just sit around and eat pizza all day and it not have negative effects. Oh well, I really don't like pizza that much anyways. So I'm proud of you for picking up the running so well. I would love to see you run the 5k while I'm there. I don't think you will have a problem running it. You may not finish first, but at least you are taking a step toward your goals. Oh, I think you have a terrific ass. Obviously, right. Well, I don't have much to say. I moved the pick up time for the car to 1400. Our work hours shifted back an hour so that gives me plenty of time to pick it up and make it back here. Well babe, I'm gonna let you go for the night. I will be able to talk to you tomorrow. I Love You!

    ReplyDelete