Today we went to the Arctic Oasis. I worked out. I did the elliptical for 20 minutes. Then Amber wanted to run. So I said I would walk while she ran. I don't like running consecutive days. I get shin splints and think 3-4 times a week running is fine. Anyway, right before I started I changed my mind. I wanted to run, maybe a little. I did not do my usual interval work though. I wanted to do sprints. So I did 1:15 walk 1:15 sprint. My walk was about 4mph and my run was between 7-8.5mph. I didn't run on an incline like I do most of the time, I thought that would be too much. But it felt good to run so fast. I can't do it for long, but I do like sprints. When I was AD I used to do them for the last mile of my 3 mile run for PT. I think I mostly did it so I could walk a little ;)
After my cardio, I tried to lift weights. It didn't go so well. A kid fell from the top of the rock wall. SO my kids were all up in there nosing around trying to figure out what happened. They stayed in the area, although at the very edge, I told them to to keep out of the medics way. But they would not stop watching and coming back to me to report. The whole thing made me a little sick to my stomach. Once I realized the weight were out of the question, we left. Amber and I took the kids to the little cafe in the Oasis. The kids had hot dogs and I had nothing. I came home and ate lunch. I have a ton of leftovers in the fridge and they are already in serving size portions so I know how many calories I'm eating.
We came home and did a few things, but mostly just hung out. And then it was time for gymnastics.
I have been leaving during gymnastics lately. Mostly because I get annoyed with how Kayleigh acts. Also because Spencer sometimes has a hard time sitting there for an hour. But I stayed today. They worked on a new skill, front hand spring. Here is a video of Kayleigh at her first attempt to do a front hand spring using the vault.
I was so proud of her! She was absolutely terrified, but she did great!
When we got home Kayleigh asked if we could have those cookies you make the marks in with the fork (snickerdoodles). I don't want that crap in the house, but they both ate their dinner and I hardly ever bake anymore. I know baking is a good skill for kids, but I just don't want all that food in the house! But I gave in anyway!

I even let them set the oven, put the cookies in, take them out and put them on the cooling rack. My most proud moment, I did not have any! Although the left over ones are calling my name from the pantry, I don't plan on eating any! Let's hope it stays that way! Because with me one will turn into the rest, no bueno!
After my cardio, I tried to lift weights. It didn't go so well. A kid fell from the top of the rock wall. SO my kids were all up in there nosing around trying to figure out what happened. They stayed in the area, although at the very edge, I told them to to keep out of the medics way. But they would not stop watching and coming back to me to report. The whole thing made me a little sick to my stomach. Once I realized the weight were out of the question, we left. Amber and I took the kids to the little cafe in the Oasis. The kids had hot dogs and I had nothing. I came home and ate lunch. I have a ton of leftovers in the fridge and they are already in serving size portions so I know how many calories I'm eating.
We came home and did a few things, but mostly just hung out. And then it was time for gymnastics.
I have been leaving during gymnastics lately. Mostly because I get annoyed with how Kayleigh acts. Also because Spencer sometimes has a hard time sitting there for an hour. But I stayed today. They worked on a new skill, front hand spring. Here is a video of Kayleigh at her first attempt to do a front hand spring using the vault.
I was so proud of her! She was absolutely terrified, but she did great!
When we got home Kayleigh asked if we could have those cookies you make the marks in with the fork (snickerdoodles). I don't want that crap in the house, but they both ate their dinner and I hardly ever bake anymore. I know baking is a good skill for kids, but I just don't want all that food in the house! But I gave in anyway!
| Rolling up their cookies! |
| Licking the mixer attachment (I don't know why it's upside down and I don't know how to fix it!) |
I even let them set the oven, put the cookies in, take them out and put them on the cooling rack. My most proud moment, I did not have any! Although the left over ones are calling my name from the pantry, I don't plan on eating any! Let's hope it stays that way! Because with me one will turn into the rest, no bueno!
Positive thought #6:
As a teenager I had acne. Not the worst you ever saw, but it wasn't pretty. When I got pregnant with Kayleigh, it was BAD! Real bad. But looking at my skin when I was putting on my lotion this morning I noticed that I don't have any terrible scars or pock marks. If you didn't know you probably wouldn't think I had problems with acne. My skin came through it all pretty well.
Hey Babe! Huh, I don't know why all my comments start off that way. Anyways, I'm proud of you for getting your workout on and running. I know you hate running and I know you get shin splints from running. For a while at Luke I thought I was getting them because my shins hurt all the time. Especially after running. They would hurt when I ran and afterward when I walked anywhere. But after a while of pushing through it, it finally went away. It was only there after running the 5K and only for a couple hours. I'm not telling you to push through it by any means. It freakin' hurts and I don't want the love of my life to hurt. Anyways, I watched Kayleighs gymnastics video. It was sooo cool. I kept watching it over and over. About 5 times before I started writing this. It is so cool seeing how awesome she is at gymnastics. Anyways, work went well. We got out around 0030 tonight and went to the chow hall. So all in all it was a good night. Well my love I think I'm gonna head to bed. I will talk with you when I get up. I Love You Very Much!!! Give the kids a kiss and hug for me and tell them I love them very much and I miss them.
ReplyDelete