Tuesday, July 26, 2011

171/365

I worked out.  I added that widget over there -------------------------------------------------------------------> to my blog so that you all can see how far I've run, etc today.  I totally stole it from my friend Jen's running blog!  Thanks JEN!  I thought it would be a good way to be accountable of how far I ran.  That and I'm lazy.  So now I don't have to type my workout in here, you just look over to the side and see a summary.  You can even click on it and see a detailed view, like how I felt running, etc.  I am not sure if I want to add warm and and cool down into those run stats, or just keep them separate.  I usually do about .3 miles warm up and .3 miles cool down.   I think I may start not really warming up at all.  I was thinking about it today.  Am I really going to have a chance to run a third of a mile right before my race?  Probably not.  So I think Thursday I will just run at a slower pace for my first run and then ease into a faster pace.  I also plan on running outside Thursday.  I am getting the oil changed on my car, so I have a babysitter coming to watch the kids (What kid wants to sit in a car dealership all morning?).  And I found a running/bike trail down by the dealership.  So I am going to run it!  Wish me luck in that!

Lately I've been on an organization binge.  Last week I completely changed where many things are in the house and how we store things.  I organized the under the bathroom sinks and the junk drawer today.  Nate, you remember how horrible it was when you were here this weekend?  Well, now it's much better!

I am sure it will look like crap again in a couple of weeks.  But as of now, it looks good!

I also made the kids a couple of little tear away calenders for their bedrooms.

They LOVE them!

Positive thought:

 I wore shorts to the gym today.  Mostly because my legs got so darn hot last time I ran.  I usually HATE wearing shorts.  I don't like how my thighs jiggle.  My hips, butt and thighs is where I keep my weight.  Well today I looked in the mirror (at the gym, you know the big full length guy) and dare I say, I looked good.  I no longer have that reservation about shorts.  Heck I may even go buy a couple more pair of running shorts for run days!

1 comment:

  1. I'll just say I read your blog so you know. I like what you did for the kids and the positive notion showed on their faces. Anyways, it's been a long night, for me at least. I had to wait at work until the 16's weapons guy got me the 2434. So I'm in my room and headed to bed. I will talk with you tomorrow/today. I Love You!!!

    ReplyDelete