SPENCER GOT A SPOT IN PRESCHOOL!
I am SO excited! I am excited for him because I know it will be good for him. Even if he learns nothing he will learn the basic structure of school and some social skills. But for me that means nine hours a week of free time. I am sure most of it will be spent in the gym. But that means I don't have to go to the Arctic Oasis so much. That means I don't have to take the kids to the commissary with me! That means fast, easy shopping trips. That means if I want to get a haircut or a massage I can and I don't have to worry about a babysitter! It will be fantastic! No words can describe how ecstatic I am!
I may have also set a record tonight! I thought that the commissary closed at 9. Well turns out the BX closes at 9 and the commissary closes at 8. They are in the same building so it only makes sense for them to close and open at completely different times right? Anyway, we got there at 7:40. I had an entire weeks worth of shopping to do! CRAP! Luckily, last night Stacey sent the kids home with some cookies (they weren't allowed to eat them last night because they didn't eat dinner). So I got them in the cart and gave them each their 3 cookies. Yes I know 3 cookies is a lot. But it did allow me to RUN through the commissary and complete a weeks worth of shopping in 15 minutes! I think I deserve a cookie after that feat!
My cart was not nice and organized as it usually is. I just threw my item in and ran to the next thing. My bread may have even gotten smashed. Here is the mess it was...
But the kids were happy
They cooperated wonderfully and even thanked me for the fastest commissary trip ever! Will the wonders never cease?
As I was putting away groceries the best part of my day happened. Nate called me from work. They are having a slow night (the first one since he got there a month ago) and wanted to hear my voice. AWWWW. How sweet. I love that man!
I may have also set a record tonight! I thought that the commissary closed at 9. Well turns out the BX closes at 9 and the commissary closes at 8. They are in the same building so it only makes sense for them to close and open at completely different times right? Anyway, we got there at 7:40. I had an entire weeks worth of shopping to do! CRAP! Luckily, last night Stacey sent the kids home with some cookies (they weren't allowed to eat them last night because they didn't eat dinner). So I got them in the cart and gave them each their 3 cookies. Yes I know 3 cookies is a lot. But it did allow me to RUN through the commissary and complete a weeks worth of shopping in 15 minutes! I think I deserve a cookie after that feat!
My cart was not nice and organized as it usually is. I just threw my item in and ran to the next thing. My bread may have even gotten smashed. Here is the mess it was...
But the kids were happy
They cooperated wonderfully and even thanked me for the fastest commissary trip ever! Will the wonders never cease?
As I was putting away groceries the best part of my day happened. Nate called me from work. They are having a slow night (the first one since he got there a month ago) and wanted to hear my voice. AWWWW. How sweet. I love that man!
POSITIVE THOUGHT OF THE DAY
I am not the kind of girl that has to wear a ton of makeup to make myself look pretty. I think I have a pretty face, without make up. Now, I do wear make up sometimes, like when I look REALLY tired or I just want to feel a little better about myself. But I don't need it.
Funny thing is all the girls Nate dated before me are those girls that wear a lot of make up all the time. Maybe it's a southern thing? But they look like completely different people when you see them without makeup. He told me when we first met that I wasn't his type. And looking at this one trait, I definitely was not. Maybe that's what makes us work so well, I am not the kind of girl he was used to. I was very different and maybe that was a good thing!
I'm totally excited about Spencer getting a pre-school spot. Now that you will have 9 hours alone; how many boyfriends are you gonna pick up? I don't think you'll be going to the gym to workout. Well, you might, but I think you are gonna hook up with a few guys while I'm gone ;). I'm just messin around. I don't think you are gonna do anything like that. Well, at least I hope you won't after all we have been through. Anywho, about the commissary trip, maybe you should shop like that every time. It obviously made the kids happy and kept your life from being so miserable. Finally, about your positive thought. I think you might have actually hit something there. No not one of my feelings, because I don't have any. But you are right. The girls I (dated) if that's what you want to call it did wear a lot of make-up. So finding someone so natural was actually quite a relief. But I said what I said and it got you chasing me. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Well, time for bed. I will talk with you tomorrow. I Love You!!!!
ReplyDelete