Saturday, August 13, 2011

187/365

Today we took a little trip. We drove out to Portage and took the train to Spencer Whistle Stop.  There is a glacier out there (Spencer Glacier) that we took a little hike to.

The kids LOVED the train ride!















The scenery was beautiful!

Spencer was so tickled that the glacier and he had the same name.

We hiked a little.  I noticed Nate and Spencer were wearing the same thing.

It was 1.3 miles to the lake where you could see the glacier.

I really would have liked to hike to the face of the glacier, but we didn't have enough time to make the 6 mile round trip hike.  Nate and I could have done it ourselves, but with the kids we would have missed our train back.

We did get to explore the water a little. We got to hold glacial ice!

My three kids skipped rocks.


















You can see that the leaves are starting to change. 





















All in all it was a great day. We sure are cramming a lot into these last days of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment