Thursday, August 18, 2011

194/365

Today is day 3 of no peanut butter lunches.  I've been looking into Bento Lunches.  Kayleigh has even had a laptop lunchbox since kindergarten.  I just liked the organization of it.  I never really got into the whole cute skewer or shapes thing.  I just wanted an easy way to send her food without using a bunch of plastic bags (the crazy hippie in me).

Well this year there is a kid with a peanut allergy in Kayleigh's class.  We got a note home that tell us.  But I can't figure out whether we can bring peanuts for our own child or if we can not bring them at all.  This doesn't seem to be a school wide thing.  There is no nut free table.  It all makes me wonder how they are doing this.  If little Billy in the lunch before theirs has PB&J and makes a mess all over the table.  And table cleaner X doesn't wipe the table well.  Then allergy boy sits there he can get really sick.  I really need to send an email to the teacher to figure out their procedure.  But for now I am just sending peanut free lunches.

Peanut butter is great for my kids because it's very calorie dense.  My kids need calories!  They are bean poles and never eat!  Anyway I've come up with a few things that I can send.  I am hoping to make  a  list of 10 main entree's and 10 fruits/vegis and 10 sides so I can have a 2 week rotation.  So here is my list.

Main Entrees
  1. cream cheese and jelly
  2. tuna
  3. egg salad
  4. turkey
  5. lunchables
  6. soup in a thermos
  7. pita with tomato sauce mozzarella and pepperoni
  8. cream cheese and cucumbers (totally a British sandwich)
  9. cheese and meat on skewers 
Produce
  1. carrots
  2. celery
  3. broccoli
  4. cucumbers (greek salad too?)
  5. grapes
  6. strawberries
  7. apples
  8. bananas
  9. clemetines
Sides
  1. goldfish
  2. graham crackers with applesacue
  3. yogurt
  4. string cheese
  5. teddy grahams
Yep, that's about all I've got. But here is her lunch for today.

Cream cheese and jelly (star shaped), cucumbers, feta and olives, goldfish and strawberries.   I really like the silicone cupcake cups because they help me with serving size.  Hope that she can finally eat all her lunch since I am giving her smaller portions.

Nate went and got his Alaska driver's license today.  Since we were down there he decided to do Spencer's date day.  They played mini-golf at the Oasis while I ran.  He took him to Build-a-Bear to build him a little bear.  And then they went out to lunch.  He loves his bear and has been playing with it all night.
Daddy date day!

I am sure that once Kayleigh goes on her date and gets her bear they will be playing non-stop.  I'll take a picture of their actual bears once Kayleigh has one to show off.

We also got our family pictures back.  They turned out wonderfully.  Probably the best we've ever had.  Considering we haven't had any since Spencer's first birthday I am very grateful they are amazing!  I can't wait to get the prints ordered!  We are getting a 16x20 canvas of our family one.  It is beautiful!  If you want to see them just head over to my fb page and check them out!  Carie Elordi did a wonderful job and I will definitely be recommending her to EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment