Today was great again! Having Nate home is so wonderful. Another adult in the house makes my life so much easier. First Nate got up with the kids. Made them breakfast and then served me breakfast in bed! I am so spoiled.
We went and worked out today at the Oasis. I had a great workout.
Nate decided he wanted to go fishing today. So we headed down to Ship Creek in downtown Anchorage. I know there are better places to fish, but I wanted to stay close to home since it was supposed to rain and I didn't really feel like listening to kids complaints.
It is amazing that there is so much to do here. We can Salmon fish 5 minutes from our front door. We can ski, snowboard, hike, snowshoe, golf, kayak and a million other things within 20 minutes of the house. I love Anchorage!
Here are a couple of pictures of all the people who were out. Remember these were taken on Monday afternoon. I'd hate to see what Saturday would be like!
Here's everyone fishing!
We didn't catch anything. I had a fish on, but it snapped my line while I was reeling it in. From there I was done. I didn't have any extra tackle with us. I guess we need to head to Fred Meyer or Sportsman's Warehouse and buy a few more.
So I was on kid duty for the duration of our trip. They climbed rocks.
We even got to watch a guy gut his fish. The kids were very interested. They didn't want to touch it, but they liked seeing and learning about the insides. The roe what the most interesting part to them. They couldn't believe that one momma salmon could have that many eggs and that many potential babies! Well that man who we watched clean his salmon asked us if we wanted it. He had more than enough to get him through the winter and wanted to share his luck. That is one thing I've noticed about people here. They are very friendly and generous. Of course we didn't want to offend them man's generosity. We thanked him a lot and took the fish. Hopefully someday we will be able to do the same for someone else.
I took the kids for a walk up to the dam, where you can't fish. And I swear the fish were all there taunting us. I swear I counted 50 in a tiny pool. I tried to take a picture, but I don't know if you can see very well. They are all on the left side and toward the bottom of the picture.
Here is one guy, he was HUGE! That would have gotten us many filets and been many meals.
The salmon that was given to us was almost 2 pounds, which is about 2 meals for us! If Nate and I could each catch our limit everyday we would only have to go out fishing 4 times and have enough salmon to eat it once a week for an entire year! That is amazing. All for a $26 fishing license.
No comments:
Post a Comment