Saturday, August 20, 2011

196/365

Today I went and picked up my bib for the race tomorrow!  I am excited and scared.  Proud of myself and nervous.  My goal time is 31:30 and I really would be happy with anything under 35 minutes.  I guess we will see what I can do.
Here is my awesome $30 T-shirt and piece of paper!
I just loaded a new playlist and hopefully it works out for me.  I usually run to a big list of songs on random.  But for this I wanted to not have to fast forward through songs until I found one that I like for the point in the run I am (if that makes any sense).  I noticed that I need a certain kind of song for different points in my run.  Between minutes 1-15 I need a lot of motivation.  I need to start out slow, so the first song has to have a lot of bass, but not too fast of a beat.  Right when I get around to 13 minutes, I need to be motivated.  After 15 minutes I am settled in and I just need fast songs, but not the slower beats of the first few.  Then the last few minutes are torture!  I NEED MORE motivation to get to the end and a VERY FAST song.  Over the past few weeks I've noticed what songs work for what times.  So I hope that this new playlist gives me what I need. 
While I was at bib pick up there were a bunch of booths set up.  So Spencer and I (Kayleigh and Nate were on a date) decided to go around to them.  Well there was an Alaska Club (local fitness center) booth with two men manning it.   The older man asked if we lived in Alaska. I told him yes.  And he asked me if I wanted a membership.  I told him not thanks, we just go to the gym on base, it's free.  The young guy responds with, "Well, my tax dollars pay for that gym so it's not free.  You could pay me back by getting a membership with us."  All I could think was are you fucking kidding me?  Who the hell would say something like that.  I did say something a little more politically correct and child appropriate.  I said, "I'll get right on that as soon as you bring my husband home for good!" I almost threw down right there. It made me so mad.  The older man told me to thank my husband for his service.  He knew that what that kid said was completely out of line.  I don't care if people don't support the military.  After all that freedom is what we fight for everyday.  But don't try to make me feel guilty for the things my family receives with tax dollars.  I swear some people just don't get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment