After orientation, we decided to go for a drive to the back of base and around. We drove up to Hillberg and climbed to the top of the ski hill. It was beautiful. We could see Denali and Mt Foraker.
| Mt McKinley on the right and Mt Foraker on the left |
My pictures are not so great because all I had with me was the phone. Our little trip was impromptu.
At the bottom of the hill I found a little frog hopping in the grass. He was a cute little guy.
When we got down the hill, we hoped back in the car and drove up to six-mile lake. We found a little stream that had a bunch of salmon in it. Again the picture doesn't do it justice. It's too bad you can't fish there because we could have got our daily limit in about 10 minutes.
| They're right there under the tree, the easiest to spot is the red guy |
When we got home, we decided to rearrange the living room, again. I am not sure if I like it or not.
Here is before....
Nate decided to fill that empty corner back there that we should take apart the entertainment center and use the side pillars as a bookcase. Here is the after...
I wanted the Christmas tree to go in front of that window, I don't know if it's going to be too crowded over there then .I dunno if I like it or not. If I hate it that much I can move the pillars back myself. Everything else I like enough. But it does make me want to paint the walls, bad! I will probably keep it this way for at least a few months.
No comments:
Post a Comment