Tuesday, August 23, 2011

199/365

Today, I was not motivated to work out.  Really I just wasn't motivated to get on the treadmill.  I am beginning to hate that thing.  It has been great for this time that  Nate has been gone.  And it's great for REALLY crappy days.  But Sunday's run made me like running outside better.  So I asked Nate if he wanted to pick one of the local trails and run outside with me.  There is 135 miles of paved trails and 180 miles of unpaved trails in the city!  So he picked the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail.

We gave Spencer the choice of riding his bike or sitting in the stroller playing Kayleigh's leapster.  He chose his bike, "because it's more funner."  We threw the bike in the car and off we went!

My run was so so.  But considering that we had Spencer with us riding his bike and the terrain was hilly it was good.  I had fun.  And Spencer did awesome!  When all was said and done, we went about 5 miles.  What a trooper Spencer was!

On the walk back to the car we saw a train.  Spencer was so excited we had to stop and watch it.
Nate and Spencer watching the train

Nate also found this leaf.  We thought it was really cool with all the different colors and the veins of the leaf are still green. 

We took another picture of ourselves too.  Shocking, I know.

And here is Spencer on our last little stretch.  What a big boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment