Tuesday, August 23, 2011

198/365

Today I went to the Dr.  I haven't been since April 2009, so I figured it was time to go ahead and get a check up and make sure everything is on the up and up.  Well, it was virtually pointless.  I arrived 15 minutes early (as you are told to do at all military hospitals).  Guess what the doctor was running 45 minutes late!  So are really an hour early for your appointment.  It irritates me to no end.  I have to be on time or they will cancel my appointment, but they can be as last as they want.  It boggles my mind.  Really I think they just schedule the appointments too close together.  They are short manned and can not be expected to give quality healthcare in 15 minutes.  I know it's not the doctors faults, it's the policies of the military.  But it really sucks! 

Anyway, I get back there and the tech takes my blood pressure/pulse/temp.  And I about crapped myself.  My blood pressure has always been 120/70ish.  Always.  Since I was in high school.  My pulse is usually around 60-70.  When I was a teenager it was usually in the 100's.  It was typical for me so there were no worries.  Well here is what all my stats were today...

That's right my blood pressure is 103/57!  That is fantastic blood pressure.  My resting heart rate is 57 bpm!  I can't believe that!  With all this exercise and healthy living I didn't have a goal in mind to lower any of that. It was all at good levels.  Well, now it's at great levels. 

The Dr. was amazingly sweet.  She asked if I wanted her to run any blood panels, even though I was the "picture of  health" (her words).  I told her no.  I feel great and don't see what wasting the AF money would accomplish.  I am grateful she offered.  When I brought up some concerns at Luke they just blew me off.  If I still hadn't been able to drop any weight or my cycles were still screwed up like everything was at Luke I would have asked her to.  But now my body seems to be doing great!

It's funny.  I've been worried about turning 28.  This is about the time when Nate's body started screwing up.  He had foot problems, back problems, shoulder problems, digestive problems you name it.  But it seems that I am like a fine wine and I just keep getting better!  I hope I stay this way or improve in the next 20 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment