Friday, August 5, 2011

181/365

Today, I decided to skip the gym first thing.  I wanted to go to JoAnn's and see if they had any fabric that I wanted to make curtains out of for the dining room.  I also want to make seat covers for the seats of the chairs.  I think a little more color may help me not want to paint so bad.  So I found these fabrics.

The yellow and blue would be the curtains and the plain blue ones would be for the seat cushions. I don't know.  I do know that the top blue and white MAY look good in out bedroom.  I didn't buy them because I am thinking about it.  I did buy some letters to spell the kids names in their rooms.  I don't really know if I want to do that now either.  I think I may take those back.  Instead of a name for Spencer I may have a lady do a wall decal that says..."SPEED...I AM SPEED"  Like Lightening McQueen says.  Spencer loves that saying and says it all the time.  So it would be fitting.  I don't know what I want to do with Kayleigh's room.  I really think paint would add something.  But I want to do SOMETHING with it.  First move would be getting rid of her dresser!  That thing is way to small.  She needs something bigger.  So I am on the lookout for a new to us dresser.

After JoAnn's we went to Sam's Club.  They are having an open house this weekend.  That means you can shop there without a membership this weekend.  So I figured we'd check it out.  To say the least I was not impressed.  We ended up only buyin 2 things, a gallon of milk and 5lbs of clementines.  It was $11.50.  I would have spent around $14.50 for that at the Commissary.  But I NEVER buy milk at the commissary, its more that $1 cheaper EVERYWHERE else in town, including Target.  There really wasn't anything else that I ever buy there.  Their produce was nicer than the commissary, but it was a very small section.  And for the $100 membership me buying so little it wouldn't be worth it.

I have thought about a Costco membership from time to time.  But the amounts of food you have to buy is insane.  You can only by a 2 pack of milk.  There  is no way my family would go through two gallons of milk before it expired.  Produce is much better there than at the commissary.  I go through a lot of fresh spinach and it is cheaper there, but I can't eat 4 pounds of spinach before it spoils.  For us I don't think the membership is worth it.  At least while Nate is gone.  I may re-evaluate when he gets back.  I don't buy a lot of shelf stable foods, snack packs or frozen convenience foods.  But I do hear they have free range organic chicken which I may be interested in, depending on the price of course.

The rain FINALLY cleared today so I had a chance to wash the car and let the kids out to play :)  Then it was dinner and time to start really cleaning the house for Nate to come home!!!

12 HOURS AND COUNTING!!!

POSITIVE THOUGHT #29
My boobs!  Yes, I bet you never thought that my tiny boobies would be part of this positive thoughts challenge.   I never thought so either!  But they are.  They have bothered me for a while.  But now they don't so much.  When I see a woman with giant knockers (especially if she's thin) I usually think one of three things:
#1 They're real and her back must really hurt
#2 They're fake.  While that works for her I don't think I could get implants
#3 She wears a great big padded bra
My boobs may be small, but they don't hurt my back.  If I'm feeling self conscious about them I can just go buy a bra with more padding.  There are ways around small boobs that are not perminant like surgery.  Padded bras are my friend.  I a grateful that I don't have the back problems that come with big tatas!

No comments:

Post a Comment