Sunday, August 28, 2011

204/365

Today we went to the...

It was such a beautiful day, 66* and sunny!  We aren't likely to get anymore of those for the rest of the year.

We only had a few hours.  We took Lola to doggie daycare (so she wouldn't be stuck in her kennel all day) and had to pick her up by 5:30.  I wished we would have had more time.  We didn't get to even see the whole fair.  I barely got to look at any of the vendor (besides food) booths.  But it was fun.

We watched a pirate show.  Spencer loves pirates.  There was a guy that looked just like Captian Jack Sparrow!  He loved him.  They got pictures with the other pirates too!
Spencer and Cpt Jack Sparrow























We looked at really big produce!
How much salad do you think that lettuce would make?
the kids with the 800+ pound pumpkin!

The kids played with hula hoops.






















Kayleigh and I took a rest by some really pretty flowers.

And the kids rode horses.  That made their days. 

All in all it was a great day.  But I would really have liked to be able to do more.  It wasn't as big as other state fairs I've been to.  But what do you expect from a state with a population of ~700,000?  We will probably go one more time while we are here, but that's about it.  I don't think it's worth going to every year.

It was a fun day!  This is our last full week before Nate has to go back to Korea and Spencer starts preschool tomorrow.  Time flies.  I really wish we had a bit more time.  I know a month is a lot and a lot more than people who go downrange for a year get.  But I'm not ready for him to go back.  I've missed him.  I feel like he has already done his full year, not just half of it.  Hopefully with the holidays coming up time will go by a bit faster.  I doubt I will be that lucky, but a girls gotta dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment