Tuesday, August 2, 2011

178/365

My workout sucked! Spencer kept interrupting. It was hot! My legs wouldn't move! So I chose to quit. I know I shouldn't quit. I should have pushed through it. But I just couldn't. I figure maybe it's a sign from my body to slow down. So I'll take it easy today, do weights tomorrow and hope Thursday's run is better.

At the Arctic Oasis Spencer asked me to help him on the monkey bars.  He NEVER wants to do the monkey bars.  He is always too scared.  But today he asked me.  I didn't have to persuade him.  I would have gotten a picture, but I was too busy holding him up while he wrapped his legs around me and held on for dear life!

 When we were on our way home from the Arctic Oasis Kayleigh was sad.  A little girl there told her she wasn't allowed to be friends with her anymore.  And that made her very upset.  It made me sad too.  As we were pulling into the driveway she said in her little passive aggressive way; "I wish we could get out our umbrellas and go play in the rain."  I usually don't give into the passive aggressiveness, but I was in a bad mood and she was too.  I figured why the hell not?  I used to love playing in the rain when I was younger.  Who am I to deprive my kids of that?  I sent the kids inside to get their boots on, grabbed the dog and we all went out and splashed in puddles!  It was fun and it got her mind off things for a bit.

We all got soaked, including me!  I don't think I will be wearing my running shoes for a few days, oops.  
I love Lola in this one!  She had as much fun as the rest of us!



I really hope that as life gets harder I can still find ways to cheer her up and make her feel better.  It breaks my heart to see her so sad.  And she is so young still.  Life shouldn't be like that yet.  

Positive Thought #26

I've come to realize, fairly recently, that I am a good person and I am worthy of good things.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Babe, I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad day. After you told me what happened at the Oasis, I was shocked and heart broken for Kayleigh. I don't know why anyone would be like that to a seven year old. At least you all had fun in the rain. I like the pictures. They really do capture the moment. I really don't know what else to say other than I feel bad for you and the kids. Well, I will talk with you tomorrow. Hopefully it goes better. I Love You Very Much!!!

    ReplyDelete