Saturday, August 13, 2011

188/365

Today was rather uneventful.  I went to the mall and bought a new pair of jeans.  We have family pictures tomorrow and the one pair of jeans I have that fit are "distressed".  I don't want to look like WT for our pictures.  So Nate and the kids stayed home and mowed the lawn and played.

Nate and I got into a big fight.  Pretty much I am annoyed with everything he does.  I hope this is normal.  I think it may be just because I am used to doing it all and not having to conform what I want to him.  If I want to go somewhere I grab the kids and go.  I don't run it by anyone.  I think it's just hard right now because I am not used to him being around.  I sort of don't want to get used to him because in three weeks we'll be on our own again.  He hates that I am so independent and don't need him.  He feels useless.  He isn't.  It's just that either he can have an independent wife that doesn't "need" him (but wants him in her life).  Or he can have a wife that can't survive without him and NEEDS him for everything.  He can't have it both ways.  And I think  it's hard for him.  So for now we are having a hard time adjusting.  We will have a hard time again when he comes back in February and every time after that when he leaves and comes home.   I think it's just the way our life is going to be for the next 12ish years.

We got to go to Kayleigh's school and meet her new teacher.  In light of the occasion we went out to eat.  We went to the Moose's Tooth again.  The only picture I took today was Spencer coloring while we were waiting for dinner.

I am so proud of him.  His fine motor skills have progressed in leaps and bounds this summer.  He actually will hold a crayon almost right and it really working on coloring!  It makes me so happy to see that!

No comments:

Post a Comment