Wednesday, November 30, 2011

297/365


Tonight we tried a new meal, Sloppy joe sliders. Well I suppose that sloppy joes is not a new meal and I didn't make them sliders, I used Orowheat sandwich thins.  But still.  I've never made sloppy joes without using canned sloppy joe mix.   Well, for once, it was a hit!  Kayleigh said they taste just like the sloppy joes at her school (I don't know how I feel about that), but different.  And niether of them guessed there were carrots in it!  Score one for mom!

I started to get Nate's Christmas boxes together.  I noticed that the only gifts I am sending him, or have a box big enough or that he will have a use for there, are clothes!  DAMN IT!  I feel bad.  Because I know he has worked really hard to get me things I will love (the first time ever).  And all he is getting to open on Christmas day is clothes.  However, I do know that he will LOVE the gifts I can't send.  He'll just have to wait a few extra weeks.  I did have the kiddos start making some crafts for Nate's box.  Here they are coloring...





















And here is the back.  They both wrote everything on the back of their crafts.  Look how good Spencer is getting!


1 comment:

  1. OMG! Spencer is getting really good at writing. I hate this. I'm missing so much of his life and his learning to do new things. I didn't think I would miss so much. He is doing really awesome. Tell him I'm really proud of how well he is writing and how much he is learning. And Kayleigh... I couldn't be happier with her. As much as I don't want to say it, she is showing me how much she has grown. She is super smart and awesome at everything she does. She's a natural and not a natural blonde. I'm so proud of her. Please let her know that too. Every time you show me a picture of them doing crafts for me, it makes me smile. I absolutely love seeing them grow and learn. Who would have ever thought I would say that.

    Anyways, my day went well. I helped out one of the other Sgt's with a job that was supposed to take the both of us, but ended up only needing him. So I stayed with him for the first half of the job and drove F/L for him. It was nice to get back in a F/L. The rest of my day was spent transporting F/L's back and forth between base and Alpha site. All in all, it was a really good day.

    Well, I'm gonna get some sleep before the game tonight. I will talk with you later. I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete