I took this one just because. I'm trying to be all photographer like ;)
She finally got it threaded! Notice that she smiles so you can see that she lost a tooth.
Then she got to work.
And finally the finished product!
| I thought she looked so pretty here |
| She loves her new pillow! |
It was really frustrating for her because it has holes that you just thread the floss through, but they weren't lining up just right. So there was a lot of yelling in frustration. But she finished it and is so proud of it and herself.
I was taking all these pictures of Kayleigh, naturally Spencer asked me to take some of him. So I did. And as much as he frustrates me and is pushing my buttons lately. I can't help but think he's so damn cute!
| This one's a little too bright, but still cute! |
| I LOVE this one!!!! |
He REALLY wanted me to take some pictures of him "playing football". Of course I'm a sucker and love to take action shots. And I know his dad loves to see that Spencer loves football as much as him. So I took these too.
| He loves to cut, maybe he will be a RB like daddy wants :) |
| He always makes that face too! It cracks me up! |
| TOUCHDOWN!!!!! |
| I love having these lit at night, it adds so much to the room! |
All of our decorations we bought to fit our old house. So I really was having a hard time trying to make them fit here. But I think I did pretty good. I also thought that the end of the room with the tree felt crowded. But after living with it for a day it's fine. My only complaint is the wall with the TV is completely blank! I need to find something HUGE to hang above the TV. Nothing bugs me more than a huge expanse of white wall! It I don't find something soon, Nate may come home to some crazy color!
I was really worried that I wouldn't like the table cloth with the yellow walls in the dining room and the blue curtains and rug. But I kind of like it. I don't HATE it. So I suppose it's good enough for now. Here it is.
This is our family ornament for this year.
I took this one of the wreath that I made and hung from the mirror
Then I took this one.
When I was going through them, I noticed how I had focused on the duck ornament. I thought it was really cute. Totally on accident. I'm sure that I had focused on the wreath, but then my super unsteady hand moved the camera just a little and the focus point moved. I think the coolest thing about that picture is that ornament was Spencer's 1st Christmas ornament. Yes, I am sentimental like that. It may not be beautiful to a professional photographer and there are probably A LOT of technical mistakes with it (#1 part of the mirror is cut off, probably from my accidental movement which caused the beauty of it in the first place). But it is beautiful to me because of the subject. It's like that ornament is illuminated and meant to be the center of attention. I love it!
So that was our day. A lot of pictures, a lot of time together, a lot of fighting and a lot of fun. Now I'm off to play tooth fairy. Wish me luck!
Good luck playing tooth fairy. The one thing I noticed about this blog was when you said the table cloth was good enough. To me that sounds like you are settling for mideocracy again. The way we had to in England. I'm not complaining. I just don't think my wife should have to settle for second or even third best. If my wife wants something she should be able to get it.
ReplyDeleteAnyways, I already expressed my loving of the pictures of Kayleigh and Spencer. I think the picture of the wreath in the mirror is beautiful. It did focus on the duck, but there is a lot to be said about what you captured in the reflection. What I mean is you also captured the Christmas tree and in doing so you captured the beauty that is Christmas. When I saw the picture, I almost smelled the pine/spruce whatever REAL tree you would have. Too bad that thought was quickly disregarded due to the fact that I know it's that smelly old fake thing. Next year will be different and I can't wait. But the house looks really nice. I think you did a great job of decorating.
I got my workout in. I ran 3.2 miles in 29:55. Not bad, but I could definitely tell I hadn't ran in a while. All in all it was a good run and I feel a lot better about myself for doing the run... even after you called me fat :(. I'm just messing so don't go getting your feelings hurt.
Well, that is all I have. I will talk with you in the morning. I LOVE YOU!!!