Thursday, November 3, 2011

270/365

Today was good, uneventful and busy all at the same time.  The kids acted good.  Lola ate another tub of butter.

I took my new camera to Tang Soo Do today.  I took about 200 pictures, messing with the settings the entire time.  It did pretty well.  I've actually learned a lot about photography just by messing around tonight.  Like when you zoom in the image is usually darker.  Which makes sense since the lens gets longer and light has to travel further down a dark tube (the lens).  It is going to take me a long time to get good and for it to become second nature, but with A LOT of practice I will get there.  Another thing.

I ran into a little snag too.  I had the images file set to .cr2 ( I don't know how I did it) which is a RAW file.  That means the image quality is better, but most programs can't read it.  Here a quick little article about the difference between RAW and JPEG. My photo viewer on the computer can read it, but photobucket can not.  Which means I can't post them on here!  So I had to open a photoshop account (the only program that will deal with .cr2) and convert them.  Let me tell you, the .cr2 file is much nicer than the converted file!  I think some of the quality is lost in the conversion.  So here is the one picture I liked that was a .jpeg file.
Fierce!

And HERE is the link to the photoshop album.  The first picture (close up of Spencer's face) is the picture that I tried to convert to .jpeg  You can open the first one (the cr2 file), then open the other two that I converted and see the difference.  All the other pictures in that album are cr2 files also.  I need to find a solution for this.  For now, the solution will be to figure out how to change it back to .jpeg.

Anyway that was my day in a nutshell. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to hear that you have had a couple of good days. I hope they get better. I had an idea about how to get rid of the dog, but I keep coming back to you having to deal with the repercussions of that and I can't do it. I know it sucks, but at this point we/you are stuck. You don't need a daughter that hates you because you got rid of the dog. I also keep thinking; that what if the dog is actually what is holding her together so well. Obviously, for Spencer she isn't, but I'm not so sure for Kayleigh. So again, I don't know what to do about her. I think you might have to resort to spanking her. That's all I can come up with. I'm very sorry. I know that's not what you want to do, but the dog is getting away with things she shouldn't be and running all over you.

    On a light note. The pictures of Spencer a really cute and really good. I totally saw the difference between the RAW and JPEG files. It was crazy because when I looked at them I was staring at one of Spencer's eyes in the RAW picture. When I switched it, it was more blury and it kind of reminded me of a horror film where the eyes change. So it was a little weird, but I did see the difference. While it might not be too noticeable, seeing them like that, I saw a big difference. I was thinking that maybe the Photoshop program would be able to support that type of file. While it might be expensive up front, it will actually save us money in the long run. What do you think?

    About my day. I went to the doctor for my hamstring this morning. I received bad news. I actually pulled my hamstring instead of straining it like I thought. She said in most cases a strain is much like a pull. A strain is microscopic tearing of the hamstring muscle fibers and a pull is a more severe tearing of the muscle fibers and usually includes bruising. She also said she knows it's not a complete tear or rupture because if it was I would not have been able to bend my knee. So she listed mine as a pull because she believes there is more tearing then a strain would have. Looks like I'm not playing flag football after all. I asked her how long she thought it would take to heel. She said it depends on if I rest it or if I keep putting pressure on it to do the physical activities I want to do. But it will take two to six weeks to fully recover and she is leaning more toward the six week mark which puts football out of the question. Good news though. Our game tomorrow got cancelled because the team we were playing forfeited the season. WooHoo! We are 2-0! So that was my day.

    I hope you have a good day. I will talk with you in the morning. I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete