Wednesday, November 16, 2011

283/365

Today sucked!  Well the day was fine, nothing horrible happened.  It's just the weather was REALLY bad.  On paper it looks fine.  We had a high of 13.  But the wind has been howling ALL DAY.  With the windchill it didn't get any warmer then -10 (notice I didn't say -10 below.  I hate it when people do that.  I've even seen shirts with that on there,.  UGH  Who makes a shirt with grammatical errors on it?  Idiots).  So I took Spencer to school then went to the gym. I sat in the parking lot for about 10 minutes debating on whether or not to go in.  Walking through the 3 foot snowdrifts that blocked the path all the way to the door really didn't sound like my idea of a good time.  But I mustered all the mental strength I could and went and worked out.  I ran 3.6 miles and didn't lift, but at least I got there.  I picked Spencer up from school and vowed to not leave the house for the rest of the day. We even ran out of milk today, but I am NOT leaving the house again. I guess I'll just make eggs for the kids for breakfast in the morning.  They'll have to live one day without milk!  I'm sure they'll survive ;)  I wish I had known that the weather would be this bad and I would have went and got milk yesterday.  But there was no warning, the wind just came and stayed. It's supposed to be windy tomorrow too, but it's not supposed to be as bad.  The wind reminded me of Lakenheath.  It was always windy there in the winter.  I definitely don't miss the sideways rain!  Anyhoo, we just watched movies for the rest of the day (my cable is messed up and I've called GCI three times to try to fix it and it's still not working. So I have to deal with it more tomorrow!  FUN!).  And I took a picture of the kiddos in the bath.  They took a bath together and I thought it would be funny to take a picture of them together again like I did when they were little.  Except they're not so little anymore and that makes me sad :(

1 comment:

  1. I'll start off by saying, I got on skype this morning to talk with you for a few minutes before going to bed. I'm sorry your day sucked. I wish I could have been there to help you out so you didn't have to go outside. Soon enough right? Anyhoo, I know what you mean about the idiots make stupid grammatical errors and then flaunt them in public. Why not put a sign on your back that says "kick me I'm a freakin' retard!"

    Anyways, tonight was a good night for me. It started off slow and the only thing happening was ground attacks on the other side of base. Suddenly, our area went into zulu. It's an immediate call to arms for everyone in that area. So I jumped out of truck and headed to an area where I know attacks always come from. It was Blakeman, McGaugh, and me. OPFOR, took out the DFP right next to us and we ambushed them as they came over the hill. That errupted into a massive fire fight. A humvee, loaded with a 50 cal machine gun rolled up and started blasting away. That thing was ridiculously loud. I was trying to call control and keep them informed as to what was happening and they kept saying come back all we here is gun fire. I yelled "that should be enough. Get everyone up here now and bring more ammo" into the radio. So I run out of bullets shortly after that and I run to the road to get people directed in the right places. I was met by about 30 ammo troops in full sprint. As they came down the hill they started blasting away. Some smart asses had the rifles pointed up and just squeezing rounds off. While I see the humorous side of it now. I was pissed that they weren't taking it a little bit serious. But everyone that showed up and got the pop off a few rounds was happy. MSgt Shealy said it was one of the best directed counter-offensive he has seen. And the radio traffic keeping control informed was spot on. I don't even know what I said on the radio honestly. Fog of war or something. But he said I gave them real time positions of OPFOR, numbers, ammo updates, and I directed the whole thing like I had rehearsed it in my room. PGM (alt control) where you go to arm up said people just ran in, grabbed rifles and clips and ran out. They were asking people to sign the rifles out and people where like fuck you, the shits going down for real out there.

    Anyways, before I get anymore light headed from being exhausted, I'll let you go. I will talk with you later. I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete