Well we got out of the cul-de-sac safely. And I got Spencer off to preschool. The roads were crazy and I REALLY need to go get my snow tires put on. I took it slow, but we did fine. I truly have never seen anything like it. There was so much snow everywhere. Some people were driving like assholes, there were 3 different cars stuck on the side of the road.
After I dropped Spencer I came back home (and pulled into the driveway facing forward, remember that for later) and got Lola and we went snowshoeing in the trees out behind our house. It was hard and slow going. Lola went crazy! She was hopping like a bunny all around and digging herself tunnels. We found some moose tracks and followed those since the moose had already done a lot of the work of blazing a trail. I didn't take her too far, maybe half a mile, since last time I took her out she complained for days and came home limping. But it was so fun and so peaceful. I snapped this picture on the way. It is just so unreal here.
After we were done around here, I decided to go out to the golf course and snowshoe there for a while.
Remember how I said I just pulled into the driveway? Yeah, big mistake. When I backed out of the driveway I got stuck! I had to turn the care the opposite way of the way I pulled out this morning and I got high centered on a pile of snow! Thank god I was at home, so I just went and grabbed the shovel and dug myself out. Which makes me think I really need to go buy a shovel for the car now too!
I finally got to the golf course and got my shoes on and went. Boy was that a chore! It was HARD!!!! Very hard! They hadn't groomed the trails yet, but it looked like someone had cross country skied there earlier, so I followed their tracks. And it felt like they never stopped. They just kept going and going and going! It was so disorienting there. I thought I was lost and started to panic. Everything was white and it all sort of looked the same. It was scary. I was worried that I would get lost and not be able to pick Spencer up in time. Well I finally found my trail and got back to the car. Then I went to pick up Spencer and we got home!
Thankfully they FINALLY plowed the cul-de-sac. WOO HOO! When they plowed they made a HUGE hill. When the kids got home from school I had them go out and play and every kid in the neighborhood was sledding down that hill! I took some great pictures! Too many to post, but I'll post a few.
| Here was how big the hill is |
| look at that face!!! |
| Pure happiness! |
| So excited! |
| Woo hoo! |
This progression makes me laugh because you can see how hard he hit that clump of snow! **Remember: if you click on the pictures it will enlarge them!**
| just starting out |
| he hits the clump |
| starting to come down |
| OMPH! He hits! |
I even went down it once. It was pretty fun. Stacey snapped this picture.
I definitely don't look as good as the kids do sledding, but I had fun.
Are freaking serious... the neighbor plowed the snow into our drive way. I would be kicking there door down and telling him to plow it out of the way. That's bullshit! I can't stand him even more now. Anyways, I can definitely tell the kids and you had a lot of fun. It's so good to see you guys having fun. It puts a smile on my face in a time when I really need one. I like Kayleigh's face. She was super excited and scared at the same time. Spencer's progression picture was really cool too. It looked like he caught a little air also. He is following my adrenaline rush habits not to mention Kayleigh too. It funny to see a bit of me in them. It makes me wonder if they are gonna do the same things I did growing up.
ReplyDeleteSo you got the car stuck huh? It kind of funny, but I can see how you would be frustrated at the same time. I think it's time for you to get the snow tires on the car though. I'm not saying that's the reason you got stuck, but I meant to tell you that when it first snowed. I just forgot... as always.
You actually got my heart going when you said you thought you were lost and almost started to panic. It's not good to hear that. I don't know what I would have done if that happened. It's really scary to think about because I have heard about how disorientating it is or can be. So I'm glad you found your way back. Thank goodness.
Well, my day was neither bad not good. Bad first and not for me. A few people from the shop are getting DOS rolled back. Ready for the list? Saliers, Johnson, Keller, Powers and possibly Sgt Read. That's just from our shop. The first three are set in stone. The other two are up in the air for now. So for the good news. I don't have to out-process Saliers any more. I really don't have to do anything with Keller now either. The only good news for them is that the DOS will give them an honorable discharge which means their 15's won't hurt them on the outside. Of course you still have to put it on a resume or application for a job. At first Saliers was in the dumps again when he found out. But once he found out all the benefits he'll receive and that he can still get a descent job when he gets out, he cheered up a lot. From what I was told by Burris, the CC called Hill's CC and was letting him know Saliers situation. Hill's CC told him that he was going to put Saliers on the DOS when he got there. Our CC said well if you're going to do that, then I'll keep him here and DOS him from here. Which puts Sally here till March then he's out. Our CC also took into consideration what I told him about how he won't be able to make SSgt before his high year tenure hits. All this considered gave him his ultimate choice to put him on the DOS roll back. The frightening thing for me is that they take any one who has had 15. They first look at any negative paperwork against them in that year. My only saving grace right now is that I have received 5's on my last 6 EPR's. So there is a lot of goods on top of my 15 right now. Which I'm sure they take into consideration. I see it going down like this for me. "Well, this guy got a 15 back in 04, but he has received nothing but 5's on every EPR since then. He must have straightened up. He's good. Next person." It still doesn't make me feel comfortable though. Every time I think about it, it gives me a gut wrenching feeling how something like that in past could still come back from the grave and bite me. What do you think about it?
So that was my day. In other news, we had another good practice, yeah. So I'll talk with you in the morning at normal time. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!