Sunday, November 13, 2011

281/365

Nothing really happened today.  The kids fought all damn day.  I cleaned some and did some Christmas shopping online.  I went to the commissary and got some groceries.  And that was about it. 

I asked the kiddos what they wanted for dinner and the consensus was cereal.  So cereal is what we had.  We probably have cereal once or twice a month.  The of course the easy eggs a couple of times and then sandwiches.  Really I haven't been cooking as much as I'd like.  But it's such a pain.  On a good note I have had dinner on the table at 530 or earlier since we switched back to standard time.  So I am 7 days into my 30 days of dinner on the table before 530. 

I didn't get to talk to Nate yet today.  Stupid exercise.  I think the wives back home waiting on them dislike exercises as much as they do.  At least now I have a handle on it.  Our first exercise, I thought was going to kill me.  I didn't get to talk to him for a week.  I hate it! I know many have it worse, but one of the positives of Korea is that it isn't Iraq and we have access to much better communication.  You sort of get used to your little routine, then it gets turned upside down with exercises and missions and all that other military bs.  Anyway, enough complaining.  You won't hear another negative word about it for the rest of the week.

Speaking of negativity....UGH.  Stacey is killing me with hers.  All she does is complain about how much she hates Alaska and how this summer she is going to go back home again.  Which makes me really sad for Kayleigh.  She missed Talisa a lot last summer.  And her kids won't be able to enjoy all the great things this place has to offer in the summer.  Beyond that it just irritates me.  Try to find something positive.  There are a lot of great things here.  I know that Alaska isn't for everyone, but seriously just try.  Even I found some positive things about Arizona, winters were nice (more how I liked summer, but still nice).  We love Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon, the Grand Canyon and Flagstaff.  There was a drive in movie we liked to go to in the fall/spring/winter.  I like that Ikea was close and HOME GOODS!!!  I didn't like living there, but I did get out and explore and there were some positives.  I just can't stand that every time I talk to her all she can say is how much she hates it here.  I wonder if I was like that in Arizona?  Hell, her family is together.  Her husband is here.  She has friends.  Her kids are healthy.  I just feel like I need more positivity in my life right now.  I don't want to get drug down my negativity.  Anyway, it makes me feel better that I got that out.  Thankfully no one really reads this so I can say things and get them out without everyone thinking I'm a total bitch.  Woo Hoo!

Anyway about 5 minutes ago I realized that I haven't taken any pictures today.  So the kids and I did a webcam photo session.  Kids love to see themselves.  So here are our pictures...

Happy and pretty faces...

Funny Faces...
WE MISS YOU DADDY, sad faces...
And my favorite, ANGRY faces....
So there you go, that was today day 281.  90ish to go.  I'm ready for it to be done and I know it's going to drag, but I am grateful that we are all healthy and Nate and my relationship is as strong (if not stronger) then it's ever been.  There is always a silver lining! :) :) :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the faces. Spencer's angry face looks like he's trying hard not to smile. Kayleigh's angry face looks like she just got kicked in the stomach. And your angry face is kind of hot! I've always thought you were hot when you were mad. That secrets out now. I don't know what it is about you being mad, but... let's just leave it at that and I'll tell you on Skype. Skype! I'm logging on now. I Love You!!!

    ReplyDelete