It's my fault. I don't always make them wear a coat if we are just going from the car to a store or something. But my general rule of thumb is you have to be wearing long sleeves and it has to be above 20*. It is just more work to have them put their coats on and mess with that. Most of the time it takes longer for them to get their coats on then it does to just walk inside. But today it was -2*! VERY different from 20*. I made her put on her jacket and as soon as she got out of the car she said, "It's not THAT cold mom." With more attitude then any seven year old should ever have. I don't care how cold she thinks it is
Once I got the kids off to school I hit up REI's winter sale. I scored Spencer $48 Bogs!!!! I got two pair, one for now and one for next year. I also got Kayleigh a pair for next year, which turns out I should have gotten 2's because the 1's I got fit just right now. So tomorrow we are going to go do some exchanging! Forty eight dollars is a hell of a deal for those boots. They usually run $65 and NEVER go on sale. And of course I can never get the size I need when they are on clearance. One thing I learned about here is you CAN'T skimp on winter gear. Especially boots. Cheap doesn't last as long and it isn't as warm. The other day someone commented on Spencer's new coat. I was really proud of it and I only Spent $45 on it! They asked me where I got it and how much it was I told them and she was like I can't believe you spend so much money on your kids coat! First off, it was on sale AND I had a coupon. Second this same person spends $50+ on mani/pedi's every month. To me my kids warmth is more important then how my nails look. Buying 3 sets of snow gear because my kids tore theirs is not worth it. It's just my opinion and I know everyone has their priorities. It just bothers me when someone thinks they can comment on how much I spend for my children's well being. I mean it's frigging ALASKA!! They wear these things EVERYDAY!!! It's not like I went and bought a $150 jacket and then stand there complaining that we have no money. We are doing ok financially. Actually better than most because we don't have debt. WE save for our retirement and kids college and have liquid savings. We are fine. So quit worrying about the fact that I choose to spend a little bit more money on my kids winter gear so they are warm and and go out and enjoy all Alaska has to offer in EVERY season. I'm sorry that you don't let your kids go out to play. I'm sorry that your miserable here. But I'm not. And we get out. So get over it! Wow! I can't believe all that came out. Well I guess it's better to get it out here than at in inappropriate time and place.
Moving on...
I can never leave REI without spending tons of money! It's sickening. But I got some stuff for Nate. And considering he has NO winter gear, I feel it was well worth it!
Anyway, Amber was at REI too and her friend Lori came along. She asked if I wanted to go to Middleway with them once I checked out. Of course I went! I <3 that place!! :) I had a good time. It was nice to be able to talk with her again. And I like her friend Lori. She was really nice. WE all know my problems with military wives and how I don't fit in. So it's good to feel like you don't have to put up a front or hold yourself back when you're talking to someone. I've never felt like I had to with Amber. I like that.
We had to high tail it out of there because we had to go and get the kids from preschool. So I picked Spencer up and we went out to go get our movie for family movie night. On the way to the Redbox to get tonights family movie night movie, I snapped a picture of where the sun is in the sky. It was noon and this is as high as the sun gets these days! It is unbelievable. We still have a month left. And the sun is so low. On the opposite side of that, in a month we will be gaining daylight and it the sun will be that high at 8 in the morning and 10 at night :)
A few weeks ago I had Nate pick out some things that he would like to see me in for when we pick him up at the airport (I wanted plenty of time to decide). I ordered one of the dresses he liked and it came today. I HATE IT! It looked good on the model, but it did not flatter me at all. The color was horrible. It was really tight in the ass (which Nate would have loved), but loose up top and it hung funny and looked weird. I told Nate I would show him some pictures so here they are. In this ONE position, it doesn't look too bad.
Too bad I can't stand like that and walk like that and live my life in that position. I do understand that the boots and my pasty legs didn't help any. But what is on my feet and the color of my skin does not excuse the poor fit.
Here it is from the side. You can see how it goes straight down in the front and the back, not hugging anything, making me look much thicker than I am...
Here you can see how big it is in the waist area and how wide the neckline is. It kept falling off my shoulder. Not cute!
Here's another shot of how it just goes straight down. Not the look I was going for.
Finally here's the back. This is the best example of how baggy it is in the waist and how tight it is in the booty.
I was really disappointed because I looked good on the model. Nate loved it and I liked it too. That NEVER happens. All around, it might look cute on someone, but just not me. Back to the store it goes and the hunt for the homecoming outfit continues!
Wow, seems to be cold there. Did you pick up on the sarcasm there? Anyways, I'm glad you had a great time with Amber and her friend. I know you need that kind of interaction and I know you aren't exactly getting it from Stacy. But at least you had a great time and you didn't say that there was negativity, leading me to believe that it was a strong positive interaction. I hope that you and Amber can make ammends if you haven't already. I know you need her as a friend and as some one you can go to with your frustrations. I know she will listen to you and give you helpful advise.
ReplyDeleteMoving on. I really like the first picture of you in the dress. You look really HOT! Just like my kids hot mama. Super HOT! It could be like you said, that I haven't seen you in a dress in a really long time. I don't know though. I have always thought you were a hottie. Well, I don't have much to say. So I'll let you go.
I hope you have a great day. I LOVE YOU!!!