Friday, November 11, 2011

279/365

Today's post is going to be short.  Kayleigh woke up this morning and crawled in bed with me and told me her tummy still hurt.  So, I decided to keep her home.  A lot of kids have been getting sick and I decided that it was just better to keep her home, just in case.  I'd rather have her here and start throwing up, rather than at school.  Then I would have to go pick her up and risk her puking in my car ;) 

Anyway, turns out she was fine.  No puke or anything.  But I did make her stay inside ALL day.  Even when her friends were outside sledding.  You don't get to play hookey and then go out and play.  You stay in and rest. 

She decided to make herself a little quarentine tent.  Only sick people were allowed in it.  And what do you know, not five minutes later Spencer came to me and told me his tummy hurt and he needed to go to the sick tent!  They are too funny.  So I let him.  Here is what their creation looked like...
Notice Lola guarding the "door"

There was even a place for their Daddy bears to rest and recover from their illness....


I even served them lunch in the tent...

And they had stack of books to keep themselves occupied.

Needless to say we didn't do much today.  I wanted to go to a few places that were offering Military discounts, but I couldn't drag Kayleigh out, just in case.  And I wanted to go get a work out in.  But yet again I didn't want Kayleigh spreading her "illness" to others.  Or reward her for skipping school.  So here we stayed.  It was ok though.  We watched tv and cuddled and played.  We all need a lazy day.  Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment