I got Spencer from school and we ate lunch. Then it was time for my favorite part of the day, Skyping with Nate! We usually get about 30 minutes a day. Fifteen minutes into our conversation the power cut out. Yep, a power outage on base! So I got half the amount of time we usually do. But I'm not complaining because it's more than a lot of people get. So since we had no power I thought it would be the perfect time to head to Fred Meyer and pick up some milk and a few other things. I was so funny because when I told Spencer to get ready to go, he said "Where we going on our hot date mom?" I told him and he came and gave me a high five and said, "YEAH! We're going on a hot date to Fred Meyer!" We went there and did our shopping and came home. Then we picked Kayleigh up from the bus. She did her homework and then they went out to play.
While they were out playing, I decided to re arrange our bedroom. I wanted to move our bed so I can look out at the mountains from it. Nate hated the idea when he was here because to do that you have to put the bed directly in front of the door. I agreed I would probably hate that. But I decided today what the hell? If he gets home and hates it we can always move it back. So I moved things around. I also took the chest out of the closet. I've been worried for a long time that the closet wouldn't hold all our clothes with the chest in there. But the way the room was arranged before it wouldn't fit in the room. But this way it does fit and now we have more closet space. So here are pictures of it...
| Yes, all you see is the bed from the hall. Maybe I'll make it more often now! |
If we didn't have to have that kennel I would move the chest under the pictures and put a chair in the corner. Fred Meyer has some chairs I don't hate. I know Nate would love to have a chair in the bedroom so he can sit and put his socks on in the morning and deal with that. It would also be a good place to put his uniform during the week, since we don't have shelves in our closet anymore. I've been trying to think of a better place for that kennel, but I can't think of anywhere except the garage. I don't know.
After my rearranging, I got the kids in the car and we headed out to Moose Crossing to pick up a new camera!!! Yesterday a lady posted a DSLR on the for sale site. It is one of the ones I've been looking at. It's an older model. But good. She is a professional photographer and this was her back up. So I know I can take good pictures with it. It was the camera, two lenses and all the accessories for $400! Nate and I have been talking about getting one for years, but I always talk us out of it. They are expensive and I don't want to spend that much money. I also hate when people buy them and never take them off auto. I didn't want to be that person. But I really wanted one. I don't need anything too fancy. I was looking for entry level. I don't want to be a professional photographer. I just want to do it as a hobby. Maybe get some really nice pictures of the kids, so we don't have to pay for a professional photographer. And get some really nice shots to frame. I want to look through our photo albums and say, "DAMN! What an amazing picture." With all the beauty here it won't be too hard! I'm really excited. I took tonight's pictures with it. No, I didn't take it off auto. But I'm going to read the instruction book tomorrow and start with aperture priority and shutter priority. I'll probably do that for months (or years) until I understand what I am doing, then work my way up to full manual. At least that's the plan. I've found lots of tutorials (thanks pinterest!) and will figure it out!
After we picked up the camera I took the kids to the BX to eat. We had Charley's. Then we ran into the BX. I got another snow shovel. Ours was left here by the previous occupants and the metal tip is realy jagged, which makes it hard to scrape ice. Shovels at the BX are CHEAP!!! They're 2-3x as expensive everywhere else. I also got them a new sled. I left the one double one we bought when we first got here at billeting because it froze to the ground and I didn't have time to chip it out of the solid sheet of ice. So now we have two sleds, a single and a double. While I was emptying the trunk I had the kids get their stuff off and told them to go upstairs. Of course no one listened. They were messing around. And Kayleigh dug around in the trunk and found the two snowboards I got them for Christmas. I hadn't had a chance to get them out of the trunk because I need to clean the closet under the stairs so I could hid them in the back, since they snoop in there also. So now I don't know what to do. Do I take them back? Do I say I took them back and give them to them for Christmas? Or do I just give them to them now because I know they won't forget? Darn them for getting my memory!
One last thing. I started tracking calories again today. Not because I want to lose weight, but because I've noticed that I'm a stress eater. I have been eating more with Spencer stressing me out. I've been eating crap. Halloween candy, pretty much any junk I can get my hands on. So I wanted to keep myself accountable. Hopefully I'll think twice before I shove that snickers in my mouth. I did really well today. Especially considering we ate out (at Charley's not exactly the epitome of health) I am really proud of myself. I didn't eat candy. I didn't snack on the kids fries. I didn't nibble on their Oreos. All in all I did good. I really should have had Subway though. But I'm not tying to lose. I stayed in my range of 1570-1920, plus I worked out. So I am happy!
Oh, one more last thing. Spencer was good all day today. We had a few emotional moments, but I was able to get through to him before another full melt down. He was like his old self. It was really nice.
Let me start off with the snowboard incident. I say tell them you took them back and give it to them for Christmas. I'm really excited about the DSLR. I can't wait to see the awesome pictures you take with it. About the room. Eh, it's alright. I'm not going to complain about it. I'm not going to say anything negative about it because I might actually like it when I get back. As long as you're happy, it won't be changing. I think that Spencer asking where you're taking him on a hot date was funny. I can totally see and hear him saying something like that. LOL, me and my mouth rubbing off on him! Oh well, at least I know he's gonna be a smooth talker. Girls are gonna love him! Hell, they already do.
ReplyDeleteAnyways, I had a pretty good day. Remind me in the morning and I'll tell you about Saliers, Sgt Burris, our shirt, commander and I being in the MXG/CC's office for two and a half hours. It was intense, and crazy, but she made him realize what the hell he's doing. He actually cried. BooHooHoo! That was mean, but I'm not taking it back. Besides that, I had a good day. It went by a little bit quicker, but not quick enough. I really missed you today. I don't know if it was the premature power outage or what, but that was the bad part of my day. We also had flag football practice tonight. We went over the plays I drew up and everyone loved them. They were really excited about running them which was really nice. They got a hang of them quickly too which sped up the process a lot. So I'm really proud of them for tonight's practice. So that was my day.
I hope you have another good day. I will talk with you in the morning. I LOVE YOU!!!
So glad you got an DSLR! Still need to get mine fixed. :( Really need to make it a priority at the beginning of the year. If you do need any help or suggestions, I'm here. Not just for the camera, but Photoshopping too!
ReplyDelete