Monday, October 31, 2011

267/365

Happy Halloween!

Today was good.  I went to the gym.  I REALLY wanted to run out in the snow.  But none of the roads have been plowed, which means none of the trails on base have been either.  I was too scared.  Yes, I'm a chicken shit.  So I need to come up with something.  After a smidge of research I was thinking about getting some Yacktrax Pro (pro's are meant for running while the other versions are best suited for walking) or making my own screw shoes!  I'm a little nervous to put screws in my shoes, but I may try it.  Or I may ask for them for Christmas.  BTW, I hate Christmas presents.  Because I really don't want to wait on these (or anything else).  When I need or want something I usually just go buy it.  I usually don't want anything expensive, so I just go buy what I want or need.  Oh well.

So on to Halloween.  Well we still have snow on the ground!  It was about 24* and snowing like crazy when we went out to go trick or treating.   I made Kayleigh wear her snow pants, boots, gloves and earmuffs.  She had three layers of tops on and REFUSED to wear her jacket.  She said she wasn't cold.  So I carried her jacket and asked her if she wanted it 584,975 times, but she said she wasn't cold.  Here she is...

Our first white Halloween...

Spencer wasn't allowed to trick or treat.  After how he acted this weekend and being given multiple opportunities to shape up, he didn't.  So I HAD to stick to my guns.  And I did.  It sucked and I felt like an ass.  Especially when we saw the neighbors out and about and they asked why he wasn't dressed up or going to doors.  I had to tell them and I am sure they were all judging me.  But they don't know how he's been.  I couldn't punish Kayleigh because he has been acting rotten.  I mean if Nate were home he would stay home with whoever and the other parent would go out with Kayleigh.  But I don't have that luxury this year.  So I did what I had to do, no matter how other people may view me.  Anyway, I re-explained to him today why he wasn't going out.  He was sad about it.  Then right before we left I had him tell me why he wasn't dress up and getting candy from the houses.  He told me it was because he was mean to me this weekend.  He also added, "Next year I'll be nice to you and I will get to go to the houses too"  So he did get it.  Which made me feel like it was an appropriate punishment.  I will say he was really good while we were out.  He was laughing and talking about other kids costumes.  He did have fun.  So all in all tonight went really well considering the circumstances.

1 comment:

  1. I like the Yaktrax Pro better than the idea of putting screws in you shoes. Something about it seems really unsafe. I know that if the screw is short it won't punch through the soul of the shoe, but it still seems unsafe.

    So it snowed while you were trick or treating? How cool is that? A white Halloween. I'm really glad you stuck to your guns with Spencer. Maybe he will see how he has been acting and that there are repercussions for how he acts. Maybe he will see that when he acts like an ass he doesn't get to have fun. So again, good job. I'm really proud of you babe for being so strong.

    My day took a strange turn. I got put on 25% inventories first thing this morning. Here we have four areas; Pre-load, Delta, OMAG and Alpha. For the 25% the freeze one whole area, this time it was Delta. So I ended up doing that ALL day. I was really happy for the change. It was nice to do something other then escort dumbass around to do his outproccessing. Then we had football practice at 1800. That went well. We didn't go over any plays, but we did do some receiver and lineman drills. Everyone seemed to enjoy practice. We have a game Saturday also. I don't remember what time it's at, so I'll let you know tomorrow.

    Well, that was my day. I hope you have another good day. Give the kids a hug and kiss for me. I will talk with you in the morning. I LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete