Sunday, October 2, 2011

238/365

Today, it rained.  And rained and rained.  I was lucky though because for the most part the kids got along and played well together.  I was also a busy little bee!

I finished the clothespin rail to hang the kids artwork.  And I finished the shelves for their books.  Now all I need are a few more pieces of art for the walls and the playroom/dining room will be done.  I am thinking of painting the frame to the mirror.  I don't like the wood color against the yellow wall.  But I am wondering if I am going to regret it.  I mean, I've had that mirror for 7 years and only had it hanging in a house for maybe 2.  So maybe it is time for a makeover!

When I woke up this morning I HATED the color of the wall in the playroom.  I think it was the lighting because as the day went on the color mellowed.  But I do think it will be a nice sunny spot when the days are short and dark.  So without further ado I will reveal to you, our new playroom/dining room.

Just for the record, it's not that lemon yellow.  It's just the florescent lighting and the camera.  Here is a better picture of the "reading nook"/toy area.  The color in this one is more like it is in natural light.

I wish I would have made that picture rail a little longer.  I do have more wood in the garage so I can make another one for above it.  But I am not sure how it will look.  I also want to get a wall decal that says "every child is an artist" it's a quote from Picasco.

And here it looking the other way.

I really wanted the room to fun, bright and inviting for the kids to play.  But not SCREAM playroom with ABC's on the wall and foam tiles on the floor.  I think I did a pretty good job.  I kept it casual, which lies with our taste.  Any kid could come in and play and adults can sit at the table and feel welcome.  I am happier (although not completely content) with the space! 



1 comment:

  1. I Love It! I think it looks very inviting. You did a great job babe and I'm proud of you.

    I really don't have much to say other than the room looks great and I'm happy with it.

    I'm headed out the door to go run now. I will talk with you in the morning. I Love You!!!

    ReplyDelete