| Right around 9 AM, it's still so dark! |
The kids were so excited they ran in my room yelling first thing! We ate breakfast and hung out for a while, then we went outside to take care of business.
The kids helped shovel the sidewalk
Then they moved onto plowing the road
Once all of this was done, we had to go to the commissary. I told myself that I was not going to go out on the first snow. I would stay in. It's so dangerous. it's like people forget how to drive in it over the summer. Last year, on the first snow there were 91 accidents. I just saw on ADN that there were 103 accidents (9 with injuries) and 53 vehicles reported in distress. That is insanity. But the commissary is literally a mile away and there weren't many people out. Everyone was going slow. But I HAD to go. We had no food. OK, we had food, but we were out of fruit (to include my emergency supply of applesauce for when we run out of real fruit) and I didn't have all the ingredients for dinner. Which I could have overcome with PB&J for dinner, but we did that last night and cereal the night before. I NEEDED to go to the commissary!
While we were there I decided to start a new little tradition. We will get Starbucks Hot Coco on the day of the first snow. The kids loved it.
When we got home, they spent most of the rest of the day playing outside with their friends. They had a great time. Spencer had to come in early because he was being mean to his friends. He threw a snowball directly at JD's face and punched Jeremiah in the back. Unacceptable. Once he came in all he did was yell at me. Tell me I'm stupid some more and say he wishes he didn't have parents and this is the worst day ever. *eyeroll* I do not know what has gotten into him, but it has to stop. Too bad I don't know what to about it. I am at a loss. Really I wish I could lock him in his room for the next three months.
But the sun did come out today. It was beautiful. As much as I hate this house, I LOVE the view!
For dinner we had Jack-o-lantern burgers.
I got the idea off of pinterest ( I <3 pinterest, btw) Anyway, I thought it would be fun and the kids would like it. No go. They were not impressed. They ate them, but they weren't nearly as excited as I was. Oh well, story of my life!
With all the kids playing outside today, I think I decided that Spencer is going to need a new jacket. I got one (a size 5) at the end of last year, but it's huge. But I don't know if the one he has is going to be heavy enough. And I sort of would like for him to have 2 for preschool and when one gets soaked, etc. And he definitely needs new pants. He had long johns only underneath his current snow pants and it was a tight squeeze! He has other pants upstairs, but they are WAY too big. He's so wierdly built I think it's going to be hard.
I looked at Lands End online and found THIS jacket. He would love the green. I love the red, but I know he won't go for it. I'm thinking about it with THESE pants. He would definitely stand out! Or I could just buy THESE bibs. Not green though (maybe grey?), it would be too matchy, matchy. I love his TCP ones from last year, but once I include shipping they end up being $30. The LE ones end up being right around the same price and have a guarantee and if they don't fit well I can just take them back to the store. Kayleigh wants THESE pants. I am totally going to get them for her. I bought her a pair a few weeks ago, but they ended up being too big. I hadn't gotten around to returning them yet. But I did get a coupon, so I can get a pair of pants for Kayleigh and Spencer for only $15 more than I originally bought the pants for Kayleigh for! I'm trying to talk Kayleigh into getting a LE jacket too, but she won't go for it. She LOVES her new jacket we got from Fred Meyer. So I hope that it lasts. If not, she's getting a LE one!
Here is my input on the pants to buy. For Spencer, I suggest getting him the ones with the shoulder straps that way you don't have to worry too much about them being too big and falling off. For Kayleigh, I totally think you should buy those pants for her. I think they are really cute and ALL Kayleigh!
ReplyDeleteThe kids looked absolutely adorable shoveling snow. Who know, maybe I won't have to do it after all! Funny thing is I can already see you doing the *eyeroll*. Probably not though. They probably got it out of there system and won't ever do it again.
I love the snow. It's so beautiful, even under the ugly orange lights. It looks so peaceful and calm. But when you showed the picture of the mountain, I fell in love with Alaska. It is just so beautiful there.
Well, I'm sorry the kids weren't excited for there jack-o-lantern burgers. I would have been. They are really cool! Of course I wouldn't have expected them to jump for joy or anything. I know you didn't expect that either. I was just saying.
Well, I ran again for the first time in a week and a half. It felt good, but after a few laps, I got that burning in the lungs like I hadn't ran in forever. It was nice to get because it let me know I was working hard. After a couple more laps though I was out of breath and while I didn't stop, I did slow down quite considerably. So I'm proud of myself for pushing myself.
That's all I have for tonight. I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow. Tell the kids, I said to behave. I will talk with you in the morning. I LOVE YOU!!!!