Wednesday, October 12, 2011

248/365

Man. Today, well I wouldn't say it sucked, but I am ready for it to be over.  I am tired, tired, tired.  I couldn't fall asleep until after 1.  Spencer came and got in bed with me at midnight.  I took him back to bed and somehow he ended up back in bed with me again.  OK, maybe I went and got him hoping that having someone else in bed would help me sleep.  No dice.  He just kept me more awake.  It was dark when I woke up and I DID NOT want to get out of bed. 

Kayleigh had crazy hair day at school.  So I HAD to get up and get going so I could get her hair done.  This is what I did with it.

I think it turned out cute and she loved it!

On top of crazy hair day, Spencer had pajama day.  And I remembered.  YAY, I am so glad I didn't forget like I did for show and tell a couple of weeks ago.  Crisis averted!  Here is what he wore.

It was so funny because when he walked in one of his teachers, Miss Michelle, gasped and said, "Awww.  My heart just melted."  His teachers (and all the moms for that matter) think he is the cutest thing.

I decided that I needed to get off my ass today and run.  This was the temp at my normal run time. 

So I decided to wait until 10 or so to run to give it a chance to warm up.  No dice again.  I was hoping for something close to 30*.  Nope at 10 o'clock it was a whole whopping 23*.  I ran anyway.  I took Lola with me.  As you remember last time I ran with her she was great.  Well not so much today.  When I let go of her leash she took off far ahead of me.  She kept cutting me off.  I swear I must have accidentally kicked her 2 or 3 times.  My run was slow.  I ran past the BX and instead of going straight toward Ft Rich I turned to go toward the hospital and looped around that.  It was a total of 3.17 miles.  I ran it in 31:30.  Not horrible, but the cold did slow me down quite a bit. 

This afternoon Stacey asked me if we wanted to go to lunch with her.  I said sure.  Funny thing is that I had sort of given up on my friendship with her.  Every since the whole 10k debocale she doesn't talk to me. I call her and she answers, but tells me she's busy.  I'll ask her if she wants to do something and she always gives me some wierd excuse like her back hurt yesterday.  An excuse that has nothing to do with what I was asking about.  So I kind of reserved myself to thinking if she wants something she'll call.  I've tried.  I think I am just the kind of person that wasn't meant to have friends.  I don't know maybe it's something about my personality that other people don't like.  I don't know.  In general girls don't like me.  I'm just not girly enough.  And since being married, I've made an effort to not have good guy friends because I value my marriage more than any friendship.  So for now, until my only friend comes back to me, I guess I'm on my own.

After lunch, I went to Target and bought that -----------------------------------> hat.  Well, it's not really a hat it's more of a headband that will also keep my ears warm, but won't overheat my head when I run.  I also got the kids Halloween costumes.  Kayleigh has decided that she wanted to be a vampire and wear a long black dress.  I had gone to Value Village a few weeks ago and they didn't have anything that she would have liked.  That and I thought their costumes were really expensive for a thrift store.  So I found a vampire dress for Kayleigh and I even found a Captain Jack Sparrow costume for Spencer.  I really wasn't digging the idea of making their costumes this year.  I really don't like doing the things that I used to like.  It all seems like so much work.  Does that mean I'm depressed?  Or does it mean that I'm just sick of doing it all myself?  I really don't know how those wives whose husbands always deployed do it.  I know they do it because they have to, but I am so tired of this.  Maybe it's like having a baby.  It sucks the first time, but over time you forget how bad it sucked.  You enjoy your time together.  And when it comes to doing it again, it doesn't seem SO bad.  Until there's no turning back and you have no choice BUT to keep going. 


1 comment:

  1. Cheese and rice! I swear every time I see you, you get hotter and more beautiful! I love your new head band thingy! It really brings those beautiful blue eyes of yours out! You know how much I love your eyes! Kayleigh and Spencer's outfits looked super cute. Gosh we have cute kids. It is obvious that they enjoyed them as well. Well, about the dog, if you kicked her a lot, then she deserved it for not acting well while you ran with her. So she can just get over it and learn from her stupidity. I think the reason you don't like doing the things you used to do, is because you have become more active and sitting around doesn't suite you anymore. You want to be up and doing stuff rather than sitting behind a sewing machine all day. That and you more than likely are tired of doing it all by yourself.

    My day was okay. I did one work order, went to lunch and spent half of the afternoon waiting for a vehicle to do MSP's. I don't know why swings thinks they can come in and take the only logical vehicle (the six pak) to do stupid things like go to the squadron. So I put a reserve on it so that we can load up people and head to Alpha site to do MSP's every afternoon. My run tonight was good. I ran 3.2 miles in 28:38. I came close to beating you, but not close enough. You are still the best! As you always will be no matter if I beat your time or not. I also timed my 1.5 mile run and did that in 12:30. I think I'm getting old because it seems really hard to break below that time.

    Well My Love, that is all I have. I will talk with you in the morning. About that, remember I have to be in to work at 0630. I will be on here at normal time, but that means we talk less. I don't want to disrupt your normal day. I know being home to talk with me is disruptive of your day, but I want to minimize that. And it seems like it's part of your routine and I don't want to mess with that too much. Give the kids a hug and kiss for me and tell them I love them. I Love You Very Much!!!!

    ReplyDelete