Tuesday, October 18, 2011

254/365

I have good news!  I finally got my official acceptance to UAA in the mail today!  Not that I expected to not be admitted.  But it does mean that Estrella Mountain FINALLY got my transcripts mailed up here that they were supposed to send a year ago and I've had them do it three separate times since.  It also means they evaluated all my transcripts and applied my transfer credits.  Get this, I have 89 credits.  I am a junior by my credits.  But when you go by what I have left to do I will be just starting my Sophomore year Spring 2012.  It's a bit pathetic all those credits, but still so far from a degree.  I blame moving so much.  I've gone to 5 colleges, not including UAA.  But the other good news is that if I take two classes this summer and four each semester, I can finish by December 2015. Three months before we are scheduled to leave here. And my GI Bill benefits should last all the way to the end, minus MAYBE a month or two.  With any luck I can get a job at our next base.  Next month I can register for classes and get started with other plans!  YAY!  I still have to wait for the semester to start, but it feels good to know that all my stuff has finally gotten taken care of!

It's been raining for the past two days.  I haven't seen the mountains for two days!  And for me not being able to see them is a big deal.  Being from Oregon I HAVE to have some mountains on the horizon.  I LOVE them being so close.  That is one thing I missed while we were in England, a beautiful horizon.  This afternoon the clouds finally cleared and we could see the mountains again.  And we could see that the snow line has come down more.  I took the first picture October 3rd and some of the snow melted since then.  The second picture was taken this afternoon.  It's a bit closer of a picture, but if you look at the land marks you can see that the snowline has come down a lot and it's quite a bit deeper.  You can also see that all the leaves are gone :(

Nothing much else happened today.  Spencer had Tang Soo Do, just like every Tuesday.  I ran on the treadmill.  It seems like each time we go I end up going later and later so I don't have a chance to run as far or as long.  I only had 15 minutes today.  Which sucked.  I also decided to change up my intervals, I did 4:1 today.  It felt good and it wasn't nearly as hard as it was a few months ago.  But I only got a mile and a half in.  Tomorrow is a weights day, so little/no cardio.  Hopefully Thursday we can get out of here early enough for me to get at least three miles in.  Maybe I'll even decide not to watch Spencer just so I can get that much in.  I guess I'll make that decision when we get there.

1 comment:

  1. Well it's about time Estrella finally got off their asses and got your transcripts there. I'm really happy for you. Soon I'll be able to stay home while you're out working. J/k! But now you can start working on your degree and I know you're happy about that.

    Wow! The snow really has moved down a lot. You'll be able to go snowshoeing soon. Hell, you might be able to now if you go up to the mountains.

    My day was uneventful. Did MSP's and one of the buildings was absolutely SHITTY! I couldn't believe how bad it was. Nothing was straight. It looked like someone opened a door and pushed things in. No order or anything. Everything was every where. I looked at the floor drawings and it said it was all neat. People have been pencil whipping this shit and we have an LCAP coming! I was really pissed as you can probably tell.

    Anyways, I started feeling sick to my stomach this afternoon. I don't know what the hell is going on with me. I feel like I'm falling apart here. You know I'll pull through this. I always do. I didn't run tonight either just to try and help whatever this is get out and let my body recoop.

    Well, that is all I have. I'm going to bed. I'll talk with you in the morning. Give the kids a hug and kiss for me and tell them I love them very much. I'm always thinking of you. I Love You Very Much!!!!

    ReplyDelete