Friday, October 21, 2011

257/365

One of the things on my list is 20 RAOK's.  I've been thinking about what constitutes a random act of kindness. I've only  blogged about one, but I think I do them often.  I think that anything that may help others or just make their day a little better could be considered a RAOK.  So, I did one this morning.  And I am going to add it to my list.   We belong to Dolly Parton's Imagination Library.  It's a organization that sends children one book a month for free.  I love it because we are exposed to books that I may have otherwise never picked up.  Well this months book was....

I LOVE Llama Llama books.  There is actually a new one out that I am going to buy Spencer soon.  They really are my favorite.  Anyway, we have that book already.  And we read it a lot leading up to Spencer starting preschool so he could see that it was ok to be scared and that he could have fun there.  Anyway, there are a couple of kids in Spencer's class that are having a hard time.  We are more than two months in to preschool and they are still crying for three hours for their mom.  So, I decided to give that book to the class.  Maybe, just maybe it could help one of those kids who is having a hard time.  I don't know. If not, it still is a fun book.

Spencer had a paper bag costume parade at school today.  It was a disaster for him!  First off, I did not get the memo that the costume was not supposed to cover their heads.  It was supposed to sit on their shoulders.  So right there I knew he was going to be mad at me.  Secondly, he wanted me to make his costume Lightning McQueen.  I had no idea how to do that and I told him.  Of course someone else's mom is WAY better than me and made her son a lightning McQueen costume.  So I knew I was going to hear about that.  Finally they come out of their room and as soon as Spencer sees me he comes up to me and tells me that I made his costume wrong and it's not like the other kids. :...(  He finished the parade and we went back into the class to take pictures and sign them out.  I FORGOT my camera and my phone.  So he was upset that I didn't take pictures. Once I signed him out, we went to get his stuff out of his cubby. He grabs my leg and starts bawling! I lean down and hug him. Over if the other moms goes "Awwwww. Spencer, what's wrong?" He turns around and yells ay her, "I just miss my daddy!". I had to take him to sit down. I coddled him for a bout while he cried. It was so sad. He had a rough day. Poor guy.

Today was family night.  I went to Papa Murphy's and picked up a pizza.  Then I stopped at the Redbox.  Redbox now rents video games.  So I decided to pick one up.  We got Just Dance 3.  Kayleigh LOVED it!  It was too funny watching her.  She's such a white girl ;)

Then we watched Gnomeo and Juliet and ate our pizza.  All in all it was a good night.  

 While I am doing a mini update to my list (with the RAOK update), I did finish another book.  I finished the 7th book in the Outlander series.  There is one more book, but the writer just finished it so it isn't published yet.  I really hope its out soon because the 7th book was sort of a cliffhanger with a lot of unresolved issues.  The other books I could have stopped at and been happy, but this one I NEED to know what happens next.  So, now I have read 11 books in total.  I read three in the Sookie Stackhouse series: All Together Dead, Dead as a Doornail, Dead to the World.  Then one night I sat are read These Happy Golden Years after Kayleigh went to bed because I wanted to know what happened next lol.

1 comment:

  1. Awe, poor little guy. It melted my heart when you told me he broke down because he misses me. I wish you knew how much I want to be there. I wish Kayleigh and him both knew how much I want to be there. It breaks my heart to be away from them. I know you have your hands full and sometimes wish you could get rid of them for a night, but for me, I wish I was there with all the crap. Maybe it's because I've been away for so long. But I really miss them a lot. I miss sitting there with them cuddled up to me. I even miss them being brats. I don't know why, but I do. I think I just miss their company.

    Anyways, this afternoon went good... all the way up until I sprained my hamstring playing football. Just like at Ramstein before I PCS'd to Lakenheath. I took one wrong step and all hell broke loose in my leg. I had only two beers in my system by then, but that was two beers too many to call an ambulance to pick me up. I was, still am in a lot of pain. Everyone said it's because I'm old, but I disagreed even though I'm sure they are right about that. But all it takes is one wrong step. Now that I say that, it kind of goes for many things in life. Hence why I don't like to drink when I'm not around you. Because all it takes is one wrong move to F-up what we have worked so hard to salvage. Don't get me wrong, I had fun, but I can have fun without the alcohol.

    Well baby, I'm off to bed. I hope you have a good day until we talk again. And of course after I let you go. It looks like I'm not playing golf in the morning now. Ha ha ha, Carma! I guess I was supposed to talk with you instead of being out golfing. LOL, You win! Give the kids a hug and kiss for me and tell them I love them and miss them very much. I LOVE YOU HOT MAMA!!!!

    ReplyDelete