Monday, October 17, 2011

253/365

UGH!  I am still so irritated lately.  One of the things that has been irritating me, other than what I talked about last night, is all these people taking vacations with their husbands.  *Amber if you do still read my blog, this is not directed toward you.  I know you never got a honeymoon and you definitely deserve your vacation more than anyone I know.  It doesn't mean I'm not jealous, but I am not complaining about you :)*  It seems like everywhere I look on Facebook someone new is in Hawaii or on a cruise with their husband.  One of Nate's cousin, who is dirt poor, and just got married last year and had a honeymoon just took a Caribbean Cruise.  WTF?  I know I am just super sensitive right now because I am alone.  But it makes me mad.  We do everything right.  We support our kids, no welfare, have savings and do it all.  But we don't get vacations.  We get separations. 

Because of my little pity party today, I decided that I NEED to get out of this funk.  I need something to look forward to.  Yes, I know Nate coming home is something to look forward to , but it is so far off.  Any all the things everyone else is looking forward to just remind me how alone we are and that a big part of our lives is half way across the world.  I HATE Thanksgiving.  Christmas is going to be sad and depressing and so is starting a New Year without my love. I know once I get through all of those things we will be back together in no time, but it has been really hard for me to see past those things.  I think that's why I'm having such a hard time this half of the tour.  So today I decided that I needed to plan some stuff.  Some things I can look forward to. 

First on my list won't even happen until after Nate is back, but planning it out made me happy.  I planned our anniversary today.  I'm not going to say what we are doing because I want it to be a surprise.  But it is going to be AMAZING!  I need to start planning it now because I am going to spend a little lot more money then we ever have on an anniversary.  Usually we are very simple and put the kids to bed and make a romantic dinner for ourselves and hang out.  Well I decided because he missed last year, we deserve a fabulous 7th anniversary.  We deserve it for getting through this year.  I want to be able to take care of it all so he doesn't have to worry about it right after he gets home.  And honestly it perked me up today. 

I think that I am going to try to start planning some activities for the kids and I to do on the weekends.  So I can have something to look forward to.  Because this feeling of bleakness has got to go.  I can not sit around and feel sorry for myself anymore.  We have four more months and I can't be a zombie any more.  I AM going to pull out of this. 

Tonight we had pumpkin pancakes and smoothies.  Spencer has also been obsessed with mustaches and beards.  Her wants one line nobody's business.  Well he thought it was awesome that his smoothie coated his upper lip and gave him a killer mustache.  First he smiled about it...

Then he really showed it off!!!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you for getting motivated to pull yourself out of this rut. It might be hard, but it will be well worth it. So you have ALL my support. You always have and you always will. Spencer and his silly mustache's. He is so funny sometimes. I know that put a smile on your face. Mentioning putting smiles on faces. I know planning out our anniversary made you smile. I'm really excited for this anniversary, especially seeing how you said it will be "AMAZING." I'm really looking forward to it. I think we need a vacation/honeymoon. And I mean soon. I think we both need and deserve it. The big issue in the past has been finding someone to watch the kiddos for that period of time. I guess that will always be the issue until they are old enough to take care of themselves. We also need to do this before 2012 happens!

    Well Babe, my day was good. I didn't spend much time in the shop. I worked on MSP's all day and headed to the doctor. I'll tell you why for in the morning. Just remind me. But after the doctors visit, I ran the letters around in the hospital I needed to get my orders. Then as I was heading to my room Saliers stopped me and said judgement day was this afternoon. He got reduced to A1C. That was all.

    On the other hand though, I looked around online to find something I wanted for Christmas and here is what I came up with...

    http://shop.goducks.com/Oregon_Ducks_T-Shirts_Mens/Nike_Oregon_Ducks_Wings_Long_Sleeve_T-Shirt_-_White

    http://shop.goducks.com/Oregon_Ducks_T-Shirts_Mens/Oregon_Ducks_Collegiate_Colt_Long_Sleeve_Premium_T-Shirt_-_Green

    http://shop.goducks.com/Oregon_Ducks_Sweatshirts_And_Fleece_Mens/Oregon_Ducks_Charcoal_Empire_Full_Zip_Hoodie_Sweatshirt

    I'm buying myself a beanie. It costs $10 without shipping. So hopefully it doesn't cost much more than that. If it does then I'm not buying it. I'm also gonna buy my Oregon jersey this weekend (weather permitting). So that's that.

    I hope you have a really good day. I'm always thinking of you babe. Give the kids a hug and kiss for me and tell them I love them. I Love You Very, Very Much!!!!

    ReplyDelete